Share This Article:
Topeka, KS (WorkersCompensation.com) - Kansas Governor Sam Brownback announced Friday recent appointments to boards and commissions.
“Kansas is blessed with citizens who are willing to serve their state,” Governor Brownback said. “With their hard-work and dedication we will continue to make Kansas great.”
The governor's office is always looking for qualified, interested Kansans to serve the state on commissions and boards in their areas of expertise. If you are interested in serving on a commission or board, please visit http://governor.ks.gov/serving-kansans/office-of-appointments.
Kansas Workers Compensation and Employment Security Boards Nominating Committee
Established by the 2013 Legislature, this committee replaces the Workers Compensation Administrative Law Judge Nominating and Review Committee and the Workers Compensation Board Nominating Committee. The new committee is comprised of seven members, one member is selected by each of the following groups and then appointed by the Governor: the Kansas Secretary of Labor, the Kansas Chamber of Commerce, the National Federation of Independent Businesses, the Kansas AFL-CIO, the Kansas State Council of the Society of Human Resource Management, and the Kansas Self Insurers Association. The Kansas Secretary of Labor must select his or her nominee from an employee organization or a professional employees' organization. The committee makes nominations pertaining to positions in the Workers Compensation Division, the Workers Compensation Review Board, and the Employment Security Board of Review.
- Anton Andersen, Overland Park, is being appointed to a four-year term. Mr. Andersen received his bachelor's degree from the University of Kansas and his Juris Doctorate from Washburn University. He currently works for McAnany, VanCleave & Phillips in Kansas City.
- H. Wayne Roberts, Wichita, is being appointed to a four-year term. Mr. Roberts received his bachelor's degree from Guilford College. He is currently the Vice President for Pioneer Balloon Company.
- Dina Cox, Topeka, is being appointed to a two-year term. Ms. Cox earned her bachelor's and master's degrees at the University of Nebraska. She is currently the Employment Resource Manager at CAS Constructors, LLC.
- Steve Kearney, Topeka, is being appointed to a two-year term. Mr. Kearney received his bachelor's and Juris Doctorate degrees from Washburn University. He is currently the owner of Kearney and Associates, Inc.
- John Ostrowski, Topeka, is being appointed to a two-year term. Mr. Ostrowski received his bachelor's degree from Miami University, Ohio and his Juris Doctorate from Washburn University. He currently works for McCullough, Wareheim & LaBunker, P.A. and lobbies for the AFL/CIO.
- William E. Stafford, Topeka, is being appointed to a four-year term. Mr. Stafford received his bachelor's degree from Kansas State University. He currently works as the Director of Government Affairs for the Kansas Chamber of Commerce.
- Harvey Sorensen, Eastborough, is being appointed to a four-year term. Mr. Sorensen received his bachelor's degree from Beloit College, his master's from Boston University, and his Juris Doctorate from Northwestern University. He is currently a partner of Foulston, Siefkin, LLP.
Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services
The Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services exists, primarily to ensure that quality out-of-hospital care is available throughout Kansas. This care is based on the optimal utilization of community resources that are consistent with the patient's needs. The board is composed of 13 members. Nine members are appointed by the governor and the other four are appointed by legislative leadership.
- Dr. Joel Hornung, Council Grove, is being re-appointed to a four-year term. Dr. Hornung received his bachelor's and medical degrees at the University of Kansas. He is currently the owner of Council Grove Skin Care and Aesthetics and works in the Family Health Center practice in Council Grove.
- Chad Pore, Greensburg, is being appointed to a four-year term. Mr. Pore received his bachelor's degree from Wichita State University and his master's degree from Capella University. He currently serves as the Kiowa County EMS Director.
King of Prussia, Pa. (September 19, 2023) – MedRisk, the leader in managed physical rehabilitation in workers’ compensation, today announced the appointment of its President Sri Sridharan to Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. As CEO, Mr. Sridharan will […]
- Sep 19, 2023
WorkCompCollege.com Launches Unique State-Specific Training Program for Workers’ Compensation Stakeholders
September 18, 2023 Lakewood Ranch, FL – WorkCompCollege.com, a division of Workers’ Compensation Educational Services, LLC, announced the launch of an innovative series of training modules covering the unique aspects of each workers’ compensation jurisdiction […]
- Sep 18, 2023
Las Vegas, NEV (September 7, 2023) – Since the pandemic, employers and workers’ compensation carriers have been refining their claims strategies to address the historic increase in anxiety, depression and substance abuse. “We have looked at […]
- Sep 12, 2023
About The Author
About The Author
More by This Author
ReEmployAbility, Inc.Contact: Rebecca Dearth(813) 261-3117 | firstname.lastname@example.org Brandon, FL (May 10, 2023)- ReEmployAbility CEO and Founder Debra Livingston will be hosting a second free, live Work Comp Central webinar in their continued series to educate […]
- May 11, 2023
(Orlando, FL–May 10, 2023)—The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) has given $25,000 to Kids’ Chance of America, supporting college scholarships for the children of injured workers. NCCI made the donation in conjunction with its Annual […]
- May 10, 2023
In response to a Medicare conditional payment demand, payers can access a five-level appeals process, including a hearing before a Centers for Medicaid and Medicaid Services (CMS) administrative law judge (ALJ). Most conditional payment demand […]
- Mar 30, 2023
- Sep 19, 2023
- Sep 18, 2023
- Sep 12, 2023
Brandon, FL (September 6th, 2023)- ReEmployAbility is happy to announce its sponsorship of The Spring of Tampa Bay’s Gift of Peace Luncheon. ReEmployAbility’s CEO and founder is a proud board member for the Spring of […]
- Sep 08, 2023
Wilmington, Mass. (September 5, 2023) — Ametros, which helps people manage their medical funds following workers’ compensation or liability settlements, has expanded its C-Suite with the promotions of two accomplished executives. As of September 1, Andrea […]
- Sep 06, 2023
August 31, 2023 (BOCA RATON, FL)—The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) celebrated 100 years of service to the workers compensation (WC) system with an event honoring its employees and a century of service to […]
- Sep 05, 2023