About this event
1 hour of CE credits to be provided for:
- Nursing: RN, LPN, ARNP, CNA (nationwide)
- Nursing Certifications: CCM & CRC nationwide
- Adjuster: AK, AL, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, MS, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, OK, OR, TX, UT
- CA Adjuster: Workers' Compensation Post-Designation
- WA Adjuster: Claims Management (1 hour)
- FL OT
- AAPC: American Academy of Professional Coders
Pending 1 hour of CE credit:
- The claims professional will be able to list the various post-acute facilities
- Describe the type of patient served in these facilities
- Discuss the admission criteria and process recognizing the impact on the cost and the handling the claim with both the claimant, family and employer
- Recognize the differences in post-acute facilities vs acute care
- Explore working with the medical team to utilize the most appropriate facility for an claimant based on their medical needs and discharge plan
- Review the medical risk of prolonged hospital stay and the financial impact on a case
- Understand how to utilize this knowledge and material to determine with health care professionals how a claimant might utilize these facilities to move through the continuum of care
- Learn there are many options when handling medical hospitalizations and this course outlines some of those options and how the options are best utilized.
About the presenter
Hayley Tidwell, BSN, RN, CCM
Director of Clinical Education
Hayley proactively monitors One Call's most complex cases to deliver the right care at the right time throughout the life of the claim. Hayley leverages 20 years of experience as a physical rehabilitation nurse for brain, stroke, orthopedic and spinal cord injuries. She has more than 20 years of experience in the workers' compensation industry, including prior experience as a nurse case manager. Hayley delivers continuing education courses to claims professionals on complex issues that are impacting claims outcomes.
Professional Credentials: BSN, RN, CCM, Licensed by the Board of Nurse Examiner for the State of Texas - 1997 to present, Certified Case Manager - 2001 to present.