*Must be in attendance from 1:00pm EST – 4:00pm EST to receive 3-hour credit*
APPROVED: 3-hours of CE credit for:
• RN, LPN, CNA, ARNP nationwide
• Adjuster: AL, AR, DE, FL, ID, KY, MN, MS, NC, NV, OK, OR (WC Cert), UT
• CA Adjuster: Workers’ Compensation Post-Designation
• Florida Occupational Therapist
PENDING: 3-hours of CE Credit for:
• CCM nationwide
• Adjuster: AK, GA, IN, LA, MT, NH (WC), NH (Multi-Line), NM, OR (Property & Casualty), TX
1:00pm EST / 12:00pm CST
Topic: Managing Edema after Neurological Injury with Treatments for Lymphedema
Shepherd Center Speakers: Angela Beninga, D.O. and Rebecca Hammad, MHS, OTR/L, CLT
• Identify the impact of fluid movement through the lymphatic system based on the revised Starling Principle.
• Describe two components of complete decongestive therapy (CDT).
• Devise two modifications to traditional CDT for safe edema management in individuals with motor and/or sensory impairments.
• Describe two outcome measures used to measure progress in CDT treatment.
• Identify how excessive edema and lymphedema can adversely affect medical indemnity.
2:00pm EST / 1:00pm CST
Topic: Respiratory Muscle Weakness May Delay Recovery
One Call Speaker: Zack Craft ATP, ATS, CAPS, CEAC, CRTS
• Identify respiratory system breakdown implications related to respiratory muscle weakness (RMW).
• Discuss top assessments used to identify RMW and obtain baseline measures.
• Discuss which disciplines should take the lead on various assessments
• Review wearables and mobile apps therapists and patients are utilizing
• Walk away with knowledge of RMT that can be used to implement a program in your setting to improve functional outcomes
3:00pm EST / 2:00pm CST
Wound Healing for the Injured Worker
One Call Speaker: Kevin Glennon, RN, BSN, CDMS, CWCP, QRP
• Discuss the “new” NPUAP (National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel) definitions for pressure injury staging
• Recognize at least 5 reasons that barriers to wound healing exists
• Define the basics of current best practice wound healing by recalling at least 5 principles of wound healing
• Gain increased comprehension of the manifestations of pressure injuries (PI) by identifying photographs of the different PI varieties
• Basic understanding of the 4 major categories of chronic wounds
• Identify how non-healing wounds adversely affect medical indemnity