Adjuster: AL, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, OK, OR, TX, UT
CA Adjuster: WC Post-Designation
AAPC: American Academy of Professional Coders
Adjuster: AK, RI
In this session we will discuss the challenges that today’s top comorbid conditions pose to managing workers’ compensation claims, as well as what’s the impact on claims costs and outcomes.
• Examine comorbid conditions that impact an injured worker’s recovery
• Discuss how a lack of proper comorbidity management can lead to complications and worst-case scenarios
• Explore the impact on the US health budget
• Review strategies from using PBM’s to full care team approach
• Discuss incentive programs and wrap up with key takes ways.
About the presenter
Hayley Tidwell, BSN, RN, CCM, Director of Continuing Education
Hayley is the Director of One Call University, which provides education on medical topics affecting the worker’s compensation industry. Hayley presents medically related and nationally accredited education topics for Local and National Conferences and in client offices. Hayley also monitors most complex cases to deliver the right care at the right time throughout the life of the claim. Hayley leverages 20 years of experience as a physical rehabilitation nurse for brain, stroke, orthopedic and spinal cord injuries. She has more than 20 years of experience in the workers' compensation industry, including prior experience as a nurse case manager. Hayley delivers continuing education courses to claims professionals on complex issues that impact claims outcomes.