702.435 Effects of debarment.
(a) The Director shall give notice of the debarment of a physician, hospital, or provider of medical support services or supplies to:
(1) All OWCP district offices;
(2) The Health Care Financing Administration;
(3) The State or Local authority responsible for licensing or certifying the debarred party;
(4) The employers and authorized insurers under the Act by means of an annual bulletin sent to them by the Director; and
(5) The general public by posting in the district office in the jurisdiction where the debarred party maintains a place of business.
If a claims representative is debarred, the Director shall give notice to those groups listed in paragraphs (a) (1), (3), (4), and (5) of this section.
(b) Notwithstanding any debarment under this subpart, the Director shall not refuse a claimant reimbursement for any otherwise reimbursable medical expense if the treatment, service or supply was rendered by debarred provider in an emergency situation. However, such claimant will be directed by the Director to select a duly qualified provider upon the earliest opportunity.
[50 FR 405, Jan. 3, 1985]