201. RULE GOVERNING 72-212(5) EXEMPTIONS
01. Exemptions. Each person who elects to exempt themselves from coverage or revoke their exemption under Section 72-212(5), Idaho Code, must file an IC53 Declaration form with the Industrial Commission. The form is available on the Commission's website.
02. Form. The form must be signed by both the employee and the employer. An original and one (1) copy of the IC53 form shall be filed with the Commission. Upon approval by the Commission, the copy will be returned to the employee filing for an exemption or revocation of an exemption.
03. Approval by Commission. The Commission must approve the exemption or revocation of exemption. The Commission may require verification of information submitted. Fraud or misrepresentation in the information provided will void the exemption or revocation.
04. IC53 Form. If the employer is insured, it is the employer's responsibility to file a copy of the IC53 form with the employer's insurance company.
05. Effective Date. The effective date of the exemption or revocation of exemption shall be the date the properly completed form is received by the Commission.
06. Exemption Effective. The exemption shall remain in effect until a revocation of exemption is filed with the Commission, or, termination of employment with the designated employer, or upon the death of the employee, whichever occurs first.