Nebraska Workers' Compensation Legal Library
Nebraska Home Page > Nebraska Regulations
48-193. Terms, defined.
For purposes of sections 48-192 to 48-1,109, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) State agency shall include all departments, agencies, boards, courts, bureaus, and commissions of the State of Nebraska and corporations the primary function of which is to act as, and while acting as, instrumentalities or agencies of the State of Nebraska, including the University of Nebraska and the state colleges, but shall not include corporations that are essentially private corporations or entities created pursuant to the Interlocal Cooperation Act or the Joint Public Agency Act. State agency shall not be construed to include any contractor with the State of Nebraska except and unless such contractor comes within the provisions of section 48-116;
(2) State Claims Board shall mean the board created by section 81-8,220;
(3) Employee of the state shall mean any one or more officers or employees of the state or any state agency and shall include duly appointed members of boards or commissions when they are acting in their official capacity. State employee shall not be construed to include any employee of an entity created pursuant to the Interlocal Cooperation Act or the Joint Public Agency Act or any contractor with the State of Nebraska unless such contractor comes within the provisions of section 48-116;
(4) Workers' compensation claim shall mean any claim against the State of Nebraska arising under the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Act; and
(5) Award shall mean any amount determined by the State Claims Board to be payable to a claimant under sections 48-192 to 48-1,109 or the amount of any compromise or settlement under such sections.