Get Our E- Newsletter

Fresh News, Hot Topics, CompTalk! Radio and Video and More.

Sign Up!


Nebraska Workers' Compensation Legal Library

Nebraska Home Page   >   Nebraska Regulations

48-1,103. Workers' Compensation Claims Revolving Fund; established; deficiency; notify Legislature; investment.

There is hereby established in the state treasury a Workers' Compensation Claims Revolving Fund, to be administered by the Risk Manager, from which all workers' compensation costs, including prevention and administration, shall be paid. The fund may also be used to pay the costs of administering the Risk Management Program. The fund shall receive deposits from assessments against state agencies charged by the Risk Manager to pay for workers' compensation costs. When the amount of money in the Workers' Compensation Claims Revolving Fund is not sufficient to pay any awards or judgments under sections 48-192 to 48-1,109, the Risk Manager shall immediately advise the Legislature and request an emergency appropriation to satisfy such awards and judgments. Any money in the Workers' Compensation Claims Revolving Fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.


  • Laws 1971, LB 390, 12;
  • Laws 1981, LB 273, 12;
  • Laws 1986, LB 811, 130;
  • Laws 1994, LB 1211, 3;
  • Laws 1995, LB 7, 45;
  • Laws 2011, LB378, 22.

Cross References

  • Nebraska Capital Expansion Act, see section 72-1269.
  • Nebraska State Funds Investment Act, see section 72-1260.

Save Time & Effort! Our Premium Members Get:
Searchable Rules & Statutes, Compliance Information,
Benefits Calculators, Case Law, & Reference

Nebraska Compliance Information
Nebraska Case Law Summaries And Court Opinions
Nebraska Type And Save Forms
State Comparison Tables
Benefits Calculators
Reference Desk
Email Notification Services