Dara Barney comes to WorkersCompensation.com as the Senior Editor of Premium Media. Her previous journalism experience in Idaho and California, along with her former role as Public Information Specialist at the Idaho Industrial Commission, all play a part in keeping her up-to-date on providing the most timely, reliable and interesting news to share with you!
1) CT Medical Examiner's Office Attributes Sharp Increase in Deaths to Drugs
The CT medical examiner's office stood before legislators this week to request more money, as autopsies are up 64 ... Read More
1) WA Worker Busted for Scamming Work Comp System... Twice (FRIDAY)
A Washington drywall worker is in trouble for stealing work comp benefits... in two different instances. He also evaded authorities, which ... Read More
1) Widow of CA Judge Who Died from Stress in the Workplace Brings Discrimination Suit Against His Former Bosses
Judge Larry Campbell of California had a heart condition. A condition that put him on ... Read More
1) American Pharmacists Association: Decline in Prescription Drug Spending
Express Scripts Holding has reported a 7.6% decrease in prescription drug spending for 2016, according to a post on the ... Read More
1) CA: $10 Million Settlement Approved, Largest in the Country
The largest settlement, ever, has been approved in a California workers' compensation case... to the tune of $10 million, according ... Read More
1) Former FL Cleaning Co. Employee Sues for Unpaid and Improper Wages
Orlando, FL man James Sanchez filed a complaint last week against Federal Cleaning Contractors Inc., alleging unpaid and ... Read More
1) Not English-Only: Workers' Compensation Hearings (FRIDAY)
Workers' compensation hearings should not be English-only, writes Katie Deabler and Leah Lotto, staff attorneys at the National Center for Law ... Read More
Ronald Grusd M.D. to Serve 10 Years in Prison Beverly Hills, CA (WorkCompAcademy) - Beverly Hills Radiologist Ronald Grusd and two of his corporations, California Imaging Network Medical Group and Willows Consulting Company, were sentenced in federal ...