Dara Barney comes to WorkersCompensation.com as the Senior Editor of Premium Media. Her previous journalism experience in Idaho and California, along with her former role as Public Information Specialist at the Idaho Industrial Commission, all play a part in keeping her up-to-date on providing the most timely, reliable and interesting news to share with you!
1) Colorado: State Youth Corrections Center Looks to Decrease Issues, Hire More Staff
The state Division of Youth Corrections (DYC) in Colorado reported in 2016 "...48 incidents when youth suffered ... Read More
For Peter Federko, CEO of Saskatchewan, Canada’s Workers’ Compensation Board, the concept of returning an employee back to work after an injury really does start with the injured worker, but ... Read More
1) NYC Construction Worker Reaches $3.8 Million Settlement With Church After Fall
Humberto Trochez, a construction worker who fell 45 feet three years ago while working on a church ceiling restoration ... Read More
1) Saskatchewan, Canada: Work Injuries Are Down, But Not Fatalities (FRIDAY)
The Saskatchewan Workers' Compensation Board’s (WCB) annual report was released on Wednesday, with some interesting ... Read More
1) LA Bills Look at Possibility of a Drug Formulary
Two bills have been sent to the Louisiana House Labor and Industrial Relations committee this week, both looking into the notion of considering a ... Read More
1) VT Senate Works to Pass Workers' Comp Expansion Bill for Mental Health
With a session deadline looming near, Vermont legislators are working to fit in a bill that would expand mental health ... Read More
1) CT Medical Examiner's Office Attributes Sharp Increase in Deaths to Drugs
The CT medical examiner's office stood before legislators this week to request more money, as autopsies are up 64 ... Read More
AIA and PCI Announce Merger Discussions Washington, DC (WorkersCompensation.com) – Two of the insurance industry’s biggest professional organizations announced they will enter into merger talks Wednesday, according to a ...