Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawyer is confusing me

Hello everyone, my lawyer said to me today that he will have to rewrite the settlement offer to the IC for my W/C case because of my recent approval for SSDI. He says it will decrease the amount he will now ask for, why? I was half asleep this morning and did not get a chance to ask him why, does this make sence? Since I can not perform my former job as a mechanic he was asking for 3-5 years of pay and rehab, why would the amount change? can anyone help me rationalize this statement?
Thanks in advance.
L4 - S1 Fusion with L3-4 Herniations and disc material on the L5 nerve root left and right.

i would think because the ssdi will supplement alot of your lost income
SETTLED!!!

Just a shot in the dark here Gatekeeper...if you were collecting WC and SSD checks your SSD checks would be lowered so you were not over the 80% of your income allowed...I am guessing that since when you win SSD they go back usually 2 years, so that's 2 years worth of income form SS.......to me it would make everyone more agreeable because everyone involved know this. When I won my SSD they only went back two months to the date I retired after I settled my WC case.....Most folks get 2 years of back pay ...I only got 2 months.....my attorney told me they are doing this alot so that SS doesn't have to put out so much in backpay....Remember this is just my guess...a shot in the dark....

Exactley what INPAIN said ....I'm just wordier.....LOL

capricorn Wrote:Just a shot in the dark here Gatekeeper...if you were collecting WC and SSD checks your SSD checks would be lowered so you were not over the 80% of your income allowed...I am guessing that since when you win SSD they go back usually 2 years, so that's 2 years worth of income form SS.......to me it would make everyone more agreeable because everyone involved know this. When I won my SSD they only went back two months to the date I retired after I settled my WC case.....Most folks get 2 years of back pay ...I only got 2 months.....my attorney told me they are doing this alot so that SS doesn't have to put out so much in backpay....Remember this is just my guess...a shot in the dark....

Exactley what INPAIN said ....I'm just wordier.....LOL
Thanks for the input, I was cut off in Feb 09 from W/C and SSDI is going back to this Feb only cuz I have been disabled since August 09.
L4 - S1 Fusion with L3-4 Herniations and disc material on the L5 nerve root left and right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FCE confusing stumpmtsr 2 2,317 09-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Last Post: stumpmtsr
  My Slip & Fall Claim is Confusing To Me! injuredchloe 4 5,316 01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  settled but confusing debysu47 7 5,272 06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Last Post: rholmes