Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Papers how long to get a check?
Had a mediation about a month ago(settled) and my Attorney is sending out papers for me to sign. Do you know how long it takes to get your money after you have signed all paper work?
Im in Florida
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

Mine took one week...my husband's took over a month. All are different. Tuffy's took forever.

Do you get it in the mail or do you have to pick it up at your attorneys office? My attorney is far,,,lol but would be worth a drive there...=)
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

All depends. When all parties had signed then the Work Comp Commissioner has to go over it and approve it. Then the check gets sent to your Attorney. Then your attorney figures out their fees and such, then has you come in, sign the check, then attorney writes you a check for your amount. You then place it in the Bank, and have to wait about 7 (seven) day or 12 (twelve) days for your check to clear. Can take a month or longer. All depends on the Commissioners log.

Good things are always worth the wait though.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

We don't have a commissioner here in Florida. The Papers I am having to sign are saying how much I am getting and how much the attorny is getting. Also signing papers saying I will never work for the company (where I was injured) nor apply there ever again.
Which is ok with me because after treating someone like crap-ola I would never want to even work there again anyways.

You are right good things are worth the wait.

Congratulations Cookie, and I Hope Your Money Arrives Quickly!!Wink

My attorney mailed mine and my husband picked his up...same attorney...sorryWink

Thanks Limbo, Same here. Good thing is they have to pay me my impairment benefits till I get my money. So either way.

Went to the bank to have them notarize my papers and they said they couldn't so I just went to UPS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will signing a NOA form preclude me from taking further action against an employer? SoundofSilence 4 2,931 01-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SoundofSilence
Shy W/C sent QME papers what next Babebahn 7 6,217 01-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Signing disclosure of health info SIF_Stressed In Fl 2 2,325 11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: SIF_Stressed In Fl
  Settlement Papers Signed NVworker 6 8,597 01-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Last Post: NVworker
  Won SSDI case. How long now until the check comes?? Hoosier_Daddy 16 43,725 06-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Hoosier_Daddy
  Copies of Doctors papers Toke 1 3,661 05-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Last Post: 1171
  papers from attorney mzgold 6 6,927 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Settlement papers stiffnecked 19 12,316 11-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  attorney ask for tax papers missmelody 5 4,694 11-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  iNTERROGATORIES PAPERS missmelody 5 8,476 08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Last Post: annoyedtodeath