Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME in the morning
Still in Limbo Wrote:BX4 is giving You Great Advice, as I Have had 3 IME's so Far! Make Your Answers Courteous and Short, and don't Offer anymore than Asked! And while in the Waiting Room, if You are met by Someone wanting to Small Talk, just Talk about the Weather and such, nothing about Your Case, I watched a Gentleman Talk away in the Waiting Room at One of My IME Appts., and when the IME was Done, the Guy He was Talking to went into the Dr.'s Office and I could Hear Them in the Hall Discussing what the Gentleman told Him in the Waiting Room, it was a PI!! Just Be Careful and only Offer what You have to!!Wink Best of Luck!!Wink
Thanks Limbo, I only gave short yes or no answers unless the question required more. I just tell the truth every time I have these things. No PI in the waiting room or outside , I have been followed in the past but I live on a cul-d-sac and they cant hide on my street without giving themselves away. but I never let my gard down!! Just feel like I am in prison sometimes and it sucks!!
thanks again
L4 - S1 Fusion with L3-4 Herniations and disc material on the L5 nerve root left and right.

Your Welcome Gate Keeper! I'm Glad Your Appt. went Well!Wink

OMG! I guess I'm really new to all this. I could have someone following me around? How often does this happen? I understand people do defraud the system, but holy cow. This kind of creeps me out a bit.
6/97--Discectomy L5-S1. 3/09--Discectomy L5-S1 (failed). 6/09--spinal fusion L5-S1. This year who knows?

Kit, I had been followed by both Work Comp and Social Security when I applied for SSDI.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Huey, reference to what, or for what? This is an IME meaning medical evaluation of records and injury. Only a Medical Opinion is to be given. Not to know if a person is on SSDI or not. Anyways, Social Security will do a medical evaluation of the persons full body and full medical history. Where Work Comp is only looking at the injured body part, nothing more. So I say reference to what? Never ever throw more into the Mix then you have too. You need to remember that many IME Doctor's are paid by the work Comp Insurance, they are not there to treat anyone. They only look at X-rays and medical records, and maybe if your lucky a simple evaluation of ones body part injured, nothing more.

Hello BBBB
In my case on the oil rig, my arm was pulled so hard it injured my neck C-4,C-5,C-6, C-7 and lower back. The first IME was a hand doctor and since he found the pain coming from my neck down my arm to my wrist, he referenced it in all in his report. It had been overlooked by my primary care physician, but it all should have been in the mix from the beginning.

kit Wrote:OMG! I guess I'm really new to all this. I could have someone following me around? How often does this happen? I understand people do defraud the system, but holy cow. This kind of creeps me out a bit.
Yes its creepy but when u see them call the cops and tell them u see a suspicious car in the neiborhood and they will follow up on it. they followed me for 3 weeks but I made them the first day so I had fun with them
L4 - S1 Fusion with L3-4 Herniations and disc material on the L5 nerve root left and right.

Gatekeeper-- I haven't noticed anyone who doesn't belong in my neighborhood. I live at the head of a kind of cul-de-sac. It is open on the other end, but if you look down the street you can see every house because of how the road curves. I know who belongs and who dosent belong, but they sound like sneaky little SOB's so would I notice them I don't know. I don't think I have anything to worry about. Other than PT and some grocery shopping I don't leave the house much. I can't Drive on my medcation. So I only grocery shop with my husband and he drives and loads and unloads. As for PT I scheduled my appt's for 7 a.m so I could drive there get it done. After I would take my meds so they would kick in when I get home. Still creeps me out about them spying on me. I wonder how they would feel if they had someone stalking them?
6/97--Discectomy L5-S1. 3/09--Discectomy L5-S1 (failed). 6/09--spinal fusion L5-S1. This year who knows?

I hope I am done with that but you never know. I am in the same boat as u, my wife goes shopping with me and does the loading and unloading & I go to PT in the morning. Good luck hope you feel better!