Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finnaly got referal to a chiropractor.
I have been injured since 2007, MVA while working in WI.. And has left me with lots of hardware and screws through out my pelvis and hip area.. I have done a year and a half of pt, which I admit has gave me some strength back in hip & leg... I have been back to work now for 1 year and almost 3 months (full time) I have had to deal with chronic lower back and hip pain, I have been through the Pain clinic and have had many epidurals/injections, and all has not helped enough to get a (RF). I told my treating DR that I am sick of being poked and probed, and I have done everything that wc has asked.. I asked for a referral to see a dc Chiropractor, I have had ongoing headaches since 2007, weak arm, pain 24/7 and slowly I am climbing up on pain meds to keep it at a tollerable level..

Well just got the refferal and am heading there today, I notified my NCM of what the plan is and she didnt sound to thrilled but dr gave refferal so all my steps have been covered.. (directed by my lawyer).. Now I have talked with this chiro for quite awhile now and has been trying to get me to let him try, I am to the point I'm going to try anything...

Heres my question, How much water does a DC (chiro) hold when it comes to WC and a Judge (settlement)....?

Has anyone else been in this situation between a DC and a DR, My DR doesnt really like chiropractors but has granted me this on a trial basis since I have been through the mill and nothing seems to be helping.....

Any oppinions, comments are greatly appreciated......Thanks Bronco

I think that a chiropractors diagnosis holds weight in these matters. My next door neighbour goes to one because of an injury at work and they have accepted the claim on that one. I have heard of others as well. I read somewhere that there was a law or something passed which put chiropractors in good standing with the workers compensation laws. I think you would be fine.

Essentially none at all no matter what the jurisdiction. Not that they are incorrect, just that the charlatans, abusers and just plain dopes have ruined their profession.

bronco54501 Wrote:Heres my question, How much water does a DC (chiro) hold when it comes to WC and a Judge (settlement)....?

Has anyone else been in this situation between a DC and a DR, My DR doesnt really like chiropractors but has granted me this on a trial basis since I have been through the mill and nothing seems to be helping.....

Any oppinions, comments are greatly appreciated......Thanks Bronco

I no of people who have won their cases with only a Chiro and also my employer always had a Chiro on their panel of 6 and at times sent employees to a Chiro to be evaluated......would a Judge go against an Ortho for a Chiro....? Depends who has better credibility.JMO

I know while attending PT there were talks all the time.. They feel the dc is just out for money, but when I listen to a chiro they feel they can play a great role in healing spinal Truma.. I have done the steps, now trying a different approach.. I was not allowed to see a chiro per my lawyer, un less my phisitrist gave me a refferal... and it has took a long time to get it.... I'm not looking for the cure but maybe a bit of relief from the headaches and if he helps with anything else it is a plus/bonus....

I think you'll be pleased, Bronco..wish you the best.....my daughter just took my grandaughter to ours......she was in agonizing back pain for a month and as time went on it was harder and harder for her to got to the bathroom .....1 and 2....Rolleyes X-ray and MRI showed nothing.....started PT and she would scream....the Chiro said her pelvis was twisted.....one treatment and she felt better....second one she pooped a weeks worthWink and she has one more treatment next week and is fine.......after that poor child suffered for a month all it took was a little adjustment and she's fine...

Went to my first visit, had to do the exrays and such (new patient stuff). He says my metal train track in my pelvis is quite remarkable...lol He admits he has not had a patient with as much hardware as I have, but strongly feels he can help me.... He says my lower back is really messed up (in wich I allready knew) . Cant remember right now which disc in my neck (but shows really bad twist) and says that only happens from a sharp jolt or impact..

I told him that maybe so but I want it all documented and to keep my dr updated as we go.... He says if I would have waited any longer I would have had future problems, but feels he can get it all back to propper alignment.....

Words are words, I'm not about to hold my breath, but am praying he is correct........

I'm so glad you got there in time....please keep us posted on your success...Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WA/OR Chiropractor wants me to pay burgejos000 4 1,591 01-21-2016, 02:12 AM
Last Post: kev_b
  Chiropractor SB863 chrischris 8 6,852 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Chiropractor VRS PT and WC bronco54501 15 7,002 02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  referal for pain management withdrawn by dr inpainokla 6 5,657 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  chiropractor has bin dropped willieg 1 2,651 07-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy