Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A medical question
Mine is a medical question.

January 09 I had a very lary tumor removed fromt the left side of my nose. I had plastic surgery the same day and with makeup the nose looks almost normal.

The carpal tunnel surgery was last month February 16th, a couple days after the surgery I came down with a bad sinus infection that has gotten worse with time.

I've been on 2 rounds of antibiotics, the 2nd rounds was one of the stronger antibiotics that can be taken by mouth. I still have the infection and have intense pain keeping me up until 1:00/2:00 am.
My face is swollen and I can not lay on the left side of my face, or touch my face. I have to sleep in a reclined position or the recliner when I do sleep.

I am taking allegra, a decongestant, and having to take Loratab 7.5 for the pain, and use the tens unit for the neck muscles. I stay close to home due to the pain. Even been to the dentist thinking I had a bad tooth, he said I have a very bad sinus infection.

My question: Could there be a connection to the tumor being removed from the left side of the nose and this bad sinus infection.

Wth an implant, (replacement) having a bad infection is not good news.

I don't see my doctor till the 22nd, and I have a hearing in Wichita Tuesday, there is no way I can drive with the way I am feeling.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Bummer Knees

Yes. Call the Dr. treating the infection for an ENT referral. The implant is at risk.

I called the doctor's office and left a message for the nurse.

The receptionist returned the call and said the doctor was calling in a script for another antibiotic.

This is the 3rd round of antibiotics, I hope it works!

Hi Bummer,

Is there a clinic where you live that does immediate care? Your sinuses need to be examined by an ENT ASAP, yes another prescription is needed but only when they first make sure something else is going on.

BB

Lazy SOB.....that infection tracks through the surgery site he may wish he hadn't been.

Bummer Knees Wrote:I called the doctor's office and left a message for the nurse.

The receptionist returned the call and said the doctor was calling in a script for another antibiotic.

This is the 3rd round of antibiotics, I hope it works!

Bodybuilder
The only thing around here is the ER at the hospital, and I may end up there if this keeps going on.

My knee is also very swollen so I will keep close to home.

If I were you I'd be heading there already. Third round of antibiotics with your history and present symptoms, only called in. That's not a safe practice, doctor should of seen you or told you to go to the ER.

Oh Bummer..please, please go to the ER and get checked by an ENT.....this is disgraceful and sounds like it could be dangerous....an infection around any type of implant in the body could be very bad. Please let us know.....prayers

GET TO THE ER !

This is a dangerous situation, raving infections within the body could be LIMB threatening because of your recent implant. If you get a bone infection, you are in trouble!

Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

I slept in until 9:30 this morning, the only other time I've done that is after surgery.

I am feeling better this morning, but still tired, and I do feel as if I can breathe. Athough, if I delay the decongestant I start having problems.

I will see how things go today and will go to ER if needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  medical question bronco54501 5 2,756 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  medical question Bummer Knees 5 2,357 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958