Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More questions (lawyers and back to work stuff)
Question #1 I have finally decided to look into hiring an attorney. Any suggestions on what to look for, questions to ask, and things like that? I spoke to one attorney yesterday and I liked him on the phone, but he also does wrongful death and accidents. Is that ok?

Question #2 Another question is, I think I may have developed an ulcer. I called my NCM and they have given me a new one. That worried me. She said to call the ortho and tell him I may have an ulcer and see if he still wants me to take the Refalen he prescribed me today. She also said that I need to go to my primary Dr. Do I want to do that? If it is wc related will they reimburse me and my insurance or what?

Question #3 Last question is about returning to work. The dr released me with restrictions. I stopped by my job and HR manager doesn't think they will be able to accomadate the restrictions, but he will talk to my supervisor. If I can't go back there now, will I lose my TTD or do they have to continue paying me? Can I look for another job within my restrictions?
Thank you everyone.

My employer fired me and they stopped my payments , this was back in January, I have an attorney but obviously I am getting no where with them.
good luck
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

THE I/C DOCTOR RELEASED ME BACK TO WORK WITH RESTRICTIONS AND THE COMPANY WOULD NOT LET ME RETURN....I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM W/C I/C SAYING THAT SINCE I WAS RELEASED AND DID NOT RETURN THAT THEY WOULD REDUCE MY TTD BY ALMOST HALF,EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T MY FAULT THAT I DIDN'T RETURN........HAVE YOU USED YOUR FMLA YET????WHAT ABOUT YOUR HEALTH INS. PREMIUMS,HAVE THEY BEEN KEPT UP?????? ALOT TO THINK ABOUT!!!!!!!!

I don't have health insurance through them, my husband carries insurance on us. FMLA, I haven't even had anyone say anything to me about it. To be honest, I would rather find another job than go back to the one I was injured at. Is that possible?
How can they cut you TTD when it's not your fault that work can't accomodate you? Don't employers have any responsibilities?

ks girl

What part of Kansas are you from.

I know of a couple of excellent wc certified attorney from my area of the state.

Th attorney you hire needs to be a work comp certified attorney.

if your company cannot accomodate your restrictions, you should continue to get TTD.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

I am from Garnett, about an hour south of Olathe. He says he practices in personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice and worker's compensation. He seemed to know what he was talking about, of course I'm not sure I know what he was talking about..Ha! I'm not sure that I will actually hire him, I spoke with another attorney's paralegal and they can get me in on Aug. 7 to talk to him. I kind of liked that the first guy called me back himself. I don't like going through a bunch of people and leaving messages.
With what happened today I'm not sure I want to wait too long to find someone.
Anything in particular I should ask or look for when we meet? Is there any way to check them out before we meet?
Thanks everyone!

I believe the important issue is to have a work comp certified attorney.

I would ask him how long has he been in practice, what success he has had with wc and where he wen to school?

My attorney is very good about returning my phone calls, his office is near the aircraft plants in Wichita and he works with iw from the different plants. I selected him because I worked for a well known college and I wanted an attorney that wasn't afraid of the "Big Boys"

Bummer,
I have been searching all evening for attorneys that work strictly in worker's comp. I only found one. Well, there was a HUGE law firm that had some lawyers that were only wc, but I would rather not go with a firm that big.

ksgirl did you try your states workmans compensation web site. That is what worked for us..he is very good for us..anyway...
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Louisiana Hernia at work questions william32 8 567 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Insurance carriers do the most illegal stuff I ever saw tinainky 2 485 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  WC Lawyers - Can you have two different lawyers on your Case? MrChicago 3 709 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,123 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
  Fell down at work (NY) - please help with workers comp questions Matumba 4 4,058 01-06-2017, 01:03 AM
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 2,554 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  NY - Who Do I Send Stuff To?? tbear6410 7 2,374 06-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 19,672 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Concerns re WC lawyers JnetM 8 7,394 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  back injured and lawyers are not helping 2tired2care 3 3,231 10-22-2014, 01:08 AM