Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good morning
hello everyone, I have a question it seems like I will not be able to go back to work again,doctor is saying he is going to try for permanent disability.Iam concerned about my income,my questionis this.
can my attorney argue about loss of future income,iam only 51 yrs old.
Iam wondering how this is work out for me at the end , if I DO GO IN permanent disability...thanks.....level 3 laminectomy L3-L4-L5
STILL IN A LOT OF PAIN , down my legs after surgery,,,,thanks

you should put your state in your profile as rules are different for each one.
If I remember correctly you are california.
california is an impairment state and does not use loss of earnings directly in it's PD benefit determinations---- but there is a recent caselaw (currently on appeal) that allows a worker to take their rating to the comp court and get it modified for loss of earnings.
whether your atty will take this route or the case will be upheld on appeal is unknown.
Mario Almaraz is the case :
http://www.dir.ca.gov/wcab/wcab_enbanc.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks, 1171, Iam in california,if I do go on PD, what percentage of my income will I be paid?is it 66% like tamp disability? thanks for your help

put your state in your profile
location field
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...e&uid=2510

yes 2/3 but the maximums are much lower.
maximums vary depending on PD% and Date of Injury.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Good Morning Everyone Sunshine7 2 1,856 08-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7