Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Therapy Vertigo Eval
Cap I do want to change therapist and maybe with my doctors help I will be able to.

I worry about having 25 lbs of traction after surgery next week.

I believe the plan is to increase the lbs of traction.

Bummer..traction is great for the neck and if your Dr. says it's Ok then you should be fine. Traction, massage, adjustment has kept me out of surgery and comfortable for 4 years with my nasty neck.Smile

They are not going to hurt you with 25 pounds or more of traction, if anything it is going to help your cervical neck if it does work. If it doesn't work, you will be the same as before you started. One I blew my 3 disc out the very first time, I done increased traction for over 3 long months, at 3X's a week and sometimes 4X's a week. It only feels like pressure or something, but it aint hurting you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thank you Cap & Bad Boy.

I did see my doctor this morning and he has rewriten the physical therapy orders.
He also cancelled my therapy for next week, he said with the surgery the pain threshole will be changing and I need the week following surgery off.

He said given my history the 25 lbs of traction is to much for me.

I will findout what his orders will say when I go to physical therapy tomorrow.

The doctor thinks I have pinched nerve at C5 and this may have happened when I fell Dec 29th.

You said in traction on a machine. So it is 25 pounds of force not 25 pounds of weight. That's why I said it isn't going to hurt you, if anything after a week or two, you might just feel better with that amount or more. I use to fall asleep on the traction table. Only because the doctor would shot me in the butt with something, and I slept through the whole thing....
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Yes Bad Boy it is a machine.

My doctor is changing the therapy order, said he doen't want me to do traction.

My doctor is sending paper work to a neurosurgeon I am scheduled to see in March.

I'm glad you have this straightened out....we go through enough without important issues up in the air. I am pinched at the C7 amongst other issues. I hope all works out for you.

Heck, I'll pinch you too....ROTFLMAO...

Well Bad Boy if I were shot in the butt I might also fall asleep on the traction table.
Laughing!

But no one will be getting a needle near Bummer.

Doctor talked about injections into the neck today and I told him I do not do needles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  injury during physical therapy maggiemae4321 5 6,646 02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Denied physical therapy? smithj97 18 24,750 09-10-2014, 08:30 PM
  Physical therapy (California ) Toyster16 2 2,431 06-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  what can i expect from a full psychiatric eval? bagpussinamerica 3 4,510 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Change in physical condition form help KT4411 3 6,217 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: KT4411
  How long do I have to wait for settlement after Therapy, QME's Eval and Deposition? chicky 11 56,194 08-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Last Post: kong
Sad Ran out of physical therapy but I need more HELP Nrod8285 4 12,268 04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  Physical Therapy during work hours Rick in CT 1 8,647 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
  Physical Therapy kit 25 16,652 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
  extensive psych eval and UR meyea 1 3,395 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM