Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Therapy Vertigo Eval
I was injured in an auto accident 12/07. The next day the muscle spasms and heachaches started.

The DX was tramatic myofasical.

I've had the neck pain, muscle spasms, & headaches since the accident.

Last week I had a cervical headache that lasted 36 hours.

I've decided to start physical therapy in hopes of finding some relief from the headaches.

Tomorrow I wil have a physical therpy eval called "vertigo"

Has anyone had this type of evaluation or treatment done before?

I was told my the facility that I will leave the eval wearing a neck collar.

To complicate things I have a nerve entrapment of the ulnar nerve right elbow and median nerve at the wrist. I will have carpal tunnel surgery next week.

Bummer Knees

I know what vertigo is, yet I have not one clue what they will do. I wish you luck.

Oh, note, will you take the medication for it though? Tongue
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bummer Knees Wrote:I was injured in an auto accident 12/07. The next day the muscle spasms and heachaches started.

The DX was tramatic myofasical.

I've had the neck pain, muscle spasms, & headaches since the accident.

Last week I had a cervical headache that lasted 36 hours.

I've decided to start physical therapy in hopes of finding some relief from the headaches.

Tomorrow I wil have a physical therpy eval called "vertigo"

To complicate things I have a nerve entrapment of the ulnar nerve right elbow and median nerve at the wrist. I will have carpal tunnel surgery next week.

Bummer Knees
Hello bummer i had vertigo therapy. you will sit in chair slightly leaning with your head back. then doc will position your head in 3 differn't position's for about 10 min in each position. It's harmless and it work's but it can come back eventuly.

Do you have vertigo ?

Bummer Knees Wrote:Tomorrow I wil have a physical therpy eval called "vertigo"

Bummer Knees

No, I have a neck injury, along with headaches that have gotten worse.

When I have the headaches the blood pressure goes to the high side.

I really do not understand why the doctor feels this type of therapy is needed.

sure doesn't sound standard of care for chronic cervical induced headaches but who knows. One of the great spine research physician once stated to a conference of Doctors that; "Most people get better in spite of what you do to them".

Truer words were never spoken.

Bummer.

I've had this kind of PT before too. In fact over 3 months of it. Mine was called the "epily manuever" . If doc is checking you for the vertigo....he will position your head in different ways (like laying down flat for several minutes, then, turn your head sideways for several minutes etc.)....and watch your eyes...as the vertigo shows up there...your eyes will make fast moving side to side motions....and they know that you've got a problem.

Since you haven't been having any vertigo problems, believe me you'd know it. Have you had any balance problems that you may have mentioned to him?...I cannot imagine why he's sending you to PT for it. PT could in itself, be possible to start the vertigo thing up for you!! I don't believe a headache has anything to do with epily manuevers.

By any chance...is the PT run or affiliated with this doctor ? Is he drumming up business?

Take care, Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Cycler I am ready to get better!

The accident was 12/07 after 6 months I did see some improvement although I have always the muscle spasms, just not as severe.

The headaches have been there since the accident but have recently gotten worse.
I can feel the muscles tense up in neeck before a headache takes off.

Bummer....I have Vertigo...related to flying not my injuries. My ENT did the testing and then gave me meds and I had excercises to do twice a day at home. It finally eased up. COmes back once in awhile. You would definitely know if you had it.

The physical therapy evaluation went well, and as I thought I do not have vertigo.

I am scheduled for PT 3X weekly, working on strength, reducing pain, & ROM.

I have carpal tunnel surgery next Tuesday, with therapy scheduled on the neck the following two days.

Going to call the doctor's nurse and run it by her on having physical therapy for the neck the day after surgery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  injury during physical therapy maggiemae4321 5 6,639 02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Denied physical therapy? smithj97 18 24,743 09-10-2014, 08:30 PM
  Physical therapy (California ) Toyster16 2 2,428 06-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  what can i expect from a full psychiatric eval? bagpussinamerica 3 4,508 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Change in physical condition form help KT4411 3 6,216 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: KT4411
  How long do I have to wait for settlement after Therapy, QME's Eval and Deposition? chicky 11 56,180 08-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Last Post: kong
Sad Ran out of physical therapy but I need more HELP Nrod8285 4 12,266 04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  Physical Therapy during work hours Rick in CT 1 8,647 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
  Physical Therapy kit 25 16,644 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
  extensive psych eval and UR meyea 1 3,395 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM