Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ptsd ?
Hello to all the good people hear. Has anyone dealt with PTSD?

Yes, but not with regards to workers compensation. Why do you ask?

PTSD sufferers re-experience the traumatic event or events in some way

Well I would think that includes many workers. Can't speak for them all, yet I relive my injuries all the time. I just accept it though. But, it doesn't really bother me. I can understand that we are put through a systems of stress levels being injured, then it's the money issue, then the medical issues, then the pain, and least of all we want our jobs back, yet many can't have them back. So, yes, it can happen, and I would think with ease.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/po...ndex.shtml
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Hello guys i was just asking because i have an ime with a psychologist coming up for my personal injury case. I was told that i suffer with ptsd and would like to no if you guys had to also see a ime doctor. and ask what should i expect. Thank you!!

Psyche IME's are quite different than other IME's.

I didn't have PSTD per say, but suffered from a Physical/Mental Stress Injury. Like BBBB said, I relieve this trauma, or at least think about it, everyday of my life.

My psyche AME was 6 hrs long; 3 hrs. written testing and 3 hrs. face-to-face. The testing combined with your face-to-face question and answer period will help the psychologist determine the exact "label" for your psyche injury, and will be written up in a comprehensive med-legal report for all parties concerned in your WC case.

Hope this helps! Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

Just joking here for a second;

Every time they go to ask you a question act like you here the sound of Chaulk squeaking across a blackboard. When they ask you why, tell them their voice sounds like that to you, and so does everyones voice. They will sign you up for the nut hut.... ROTFLMAO...

Just a joke...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BBBB, You're too funny!

I didn't realize that part of the test was an IQ test. I would have taken more time. LOL!

Now honestly, please answer all questions to the best of your ability. There are built in mechanisms in the tests that can determine if you are exaggerating, or telling the truth. My results showed I was a "perfectionist" and I was glad about that, until I found out from my psychologist that in psychology, perfectionialism has a whole different meaning. Humbled!!! My test also showed that I was under reporting my answers because of point #1, perfectionist! Very complicated, but also very intriguing to me to learn about this stuff. The human psyche is very delicate.
Let Go, and Let God......

I alos suffer with PTSD....didn't begin with work but work and injuries madeit worse. Just be you. You cannot lie about PTSD , the Dr. will pick it up. There are certain traits that go hand in hand with it and if you don't have it you will answer differently.....even eye/hand tests we are different. Good luck.

I have Never been Tested for PTSD from My Injury, because what I've Learned from it Here, and on Other Sites, I Probably have it. But I Think due to Dealing with Panic Attacks and Depression Most of My Life My Coping Skills may be Helping Me Handle it. I Rethink My Day of Injury a Good Bit, and try and Think if I could have Done Anything Differently, or if I should have let that Dam* Computer Drop. Then I am Reminded of that Young Man Lying Under it with Nowhere to Go, as His Back was Against a Retaining Wall, and His Legs were Straight out on the Sidewalk. It Happened in a Split-Second, and at Least I Saved that Boys Legs, and the Company $250,000.00 as that's what The Equipment was Appraised For. I Thought I did a Great Thing for The Company and that Young Man, and to This Day He has Never Contacted Me, and My Employer is doing All They can in Their Power to take My Benefits away from Me, and My Life has been a Living He**of Stress and Severe Pain since Then! PTSD, Maybe, but I actually don't Want to Know!!Wink

Recent peer reviewed scientific publications put the over diagnoses of PTSD at some 300-400 %.
You may have seen this in the past few weeks:

"The symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder are so common that depressed people who have never faced trauma usually qualify for the condition, according to a new study that raises questions about whether thousands of Iraq war veterans as well as civilians are getting the right diagnosis and treatment for their emotional problems."

however the controversy has been brewing for about twenty years now as a much larger body of evidence has emerged questioning the prevalence of PTSD versus common depression.

THis goes back aways:

If you can identify a nasty event which occurred before these symptoms emerged, you can call it post-traumatic stress disorder," said Dr. J. Alexander Bodkin , lead author of the study in today's Journal of Anxiety Disorders. "I'm not saying there is no such thing as a mood or anxiety disorder caused by traumatic events, but the symptoms [used to classify the illness] are really grossly inadequate."

Bodkin said the results show that the definition of post-traumatic stress disorder is unreliable. "People have just been averting their eyes since 1980 from some pretty glaring scientific problems," he said.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settling Future Medical for PTSD Shortfuse 4 5,017 04-10-2016, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Shortfuse
  Ptsd denied 2015sh 2 1,713 09-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Cali WC PTSD Blushed broken 2 1,816 09-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Where do I go from here PTSD powerfulhurtin' 3 3,776 07-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Milo
  RN with PTSD needs Reasonable Accomodation chasnrnbos 9 10,005 11-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: nursedina
  PTSD pebbles 12 11,904 08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  PTSD NannyJ 2 4,765 05-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Last Post: kate
  RN with PTSD needs Reasonable Accomodation chasnrnbos 3 5,117 02-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Last Post: chasnrnbos
  correctional officer ptsd laurie57 9 16,104 01-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Last Post: chasnrnbos
Cool PTSD Case Mollystrongg 5 11,412 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Last Post: sparkey