Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gobblers Knob - Ground Hog Day
Toungue 
Yes, only six more weeks of winter, as per the Ground Hog. Yep today is ground hog day...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

let me tell you I have had all the winter I want....if we stay true to plan on Feb 14th we are supposed to plant potatoes,onions,cabbage and root veggies......right now my garden is so wet I dont think I could get anything in except ducks
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne last spring and summer here was bad. I too hope for a better year for planting.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Gobblers Knob, is just about Halfway between Backaches House and Mine!! I've been through Punxsytawney (Spelling?) Many Times on My Way to Hunting Camp!!Wink

My youngest sister is a groundhog, born on groundhog's day.

My Dad always purchased a pair of sunglasses Feb 1st and instructed my sister to wear them on her birthday.

She called me this morning and said she saw her shadow, she must have tossed her sunglasses

You guys are going to love this. The animal activists wanted them to use a mechanical groundhog instead of Punxsutawny Phil. They said it's cruel to make him come out of his den. The little guy has a heated den they feed him fresh grass etc. This groundhog is babied more than my dogs are. Sometimes I just wonder what people are thinking........
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

So True Backache!! His Den is actually in an Office Right Next to the Mayors Office in the Municipal Building!! Phil is Treated like a King, the Folks from PETA have been Officially Invited to Come and See His Living Arrangements and how He's Treated, and None has Ever Shown!!!Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornados on the ground Bummer Knees 2 2,324 06-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Ground hog and Backache Tuffy 3 2,536 02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Last Post: RNvic