Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where To Next
Hi Eveyone,

I was hurt in 2006 and been on NY comp ever since IC fought me for a year then finally paid under neg. for half weekly wages but they started to pay none the less. I also settled on a discrimination case for not much since they terminated me cause i was injured. Hope I didnt strike a nerve with them.I have a neck and back injury classified as Temp Total Well after getting rid of my old mean adjuster i got a new one after nearly 3 years and she is a lot better. My case was sent out to a outside company with all my medical records for them to make a recomendation on a section 15 a claim. My past employer which is self insured where i got hurt requested the IC to do this prior to settlement neg. It just came back from them after 6 mos NOT reccomended for a 15 a claim with special funds my adjuster is sending my past employer the report next week. My Atty says they are close to settling my claim. My adjuster says it all depends on my employer and will have answer in next 3 weeks. I am so broke I want to seek employment. My Atty says i can make 350 a week take home max w/o deducting any money from current benefits but should I wait it out ?
Will this make them not want to settle?
I want off this system. My dr has no problem either way.

Thanks
Jo

They'll Settle with You Today if You want to Accept an Extremely Low Settlement Figure, but I would Hope You want to get what's Due You, so that takes Time, Patience and Great Medical Evidence. I don't think Working if You are allowed and Approved by Your Dr. and Attorney would be a Problem, with the Extra Income, You May not be as Pressed to Settle, and be able to Fight Longer. So, My Opinion Only, it Depends how badly You want Out, and Only You would know that! Best of Luck!!Wink

If the doctor states you can work, surly the employer knows this. So, go to work.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

most self-insured public entities are very budget driven. whether they are willing to do a buy probable depends more on if they have the $$ in the budget. bimonthly payments are easier to plan for then large cash payments when money is tight.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.