Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation While Receiving Benefits
Hello all, I live in North Carolina and am currently receiving Workers Comp Benefits for and August 06 accident. I was planning a move before all this happened so my plans have been postponed. But, now the pain is almost non-existent and doctors visits are minimal. I just wanted to know if anyone knew if I would be able to move while still receiving benefits. Thanx in advance.
Vee

This post is in the wrong forum. It will be moved to injured worker forum.

Lumbeegirl82
Yes you can move and it should have nothing to do with your benefits. The claim follows the employee. If you are in good communication with you Drs. and the IC that will be a plus. Your claim will still be handle within the state laws and rules for which you were injured.
You need to communicate as to your treatment. The only issue I have ever had to deal with would be the RTW with restrictions or so called light duty. The reason for this is----- if you have been given a return with limits and your current employer has a position or could accomodate those restrictions then your benefits may be stopped-because the job is available and you are not. This is like a job is available and you refuse it therefore- in most of all states they will be able to stop your weekly comp checks----not your medical.
I hope this makes sense and helps.
I am in Texas and I have had IW move from here to Alaska- not sure what that is about but-benefits continue- as if they still lived here

~Dallas307~
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Smile 
I moved while on comp (twice); most important thing is to send your ins. carrier your new address & date your moving by *registered mail* & as soon as possible. Keep your postal receipt. But notify them as soon as you know when your moving. Notify your atty your new address & phone no. too.
Moving is such a pain; my 2 sons & my nephew did my moving for me. Hope things goes well & don't over do it.
"Tomorrow is never promised to anyone"

I HAD THE SAME QUESTION BECAUSE I HAVE RECEIVED NO MONEY FROM WC
AND GONE THRU MY SAVINGS I CAN NO LONGER AFFORD TO LIVE HERE ANYMORE AND WILL BE MOVING TO ANOTHER STATE WITH MY SISTER UNTIL I GET BETTER, HOW DO I HANDLE THE TREATMENT DO I TRANSFER IT ALL TO A NEW DOCTOR IN PA YET HANDLE IT DOWN HERE-- OF COURSE I HAVE BROUGHT THIS UP TO MY ATTORNEY AND LIKE ALWAYS I GET NO ANSWERS FROM THEM JUST THIER MACHINE.
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

queenbee
my suggestion is make sure all the interested parties are aware of your move- IC -state and most of all your Drs. they can refer you to a Dr. in the state or city you are moving too------hmmmmm do not get me going on attorneys'-

hmm do not get me started on attorny

~Dallas307~
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Dallas307 Wrote:queenbee
my suggestion is make sure all the interested parties are aware of your move- IC -state and most of all your Drs. they can refer you to a Dr. in the state or city you are moving too------hmmmmm do not get me going on attorneys'-

DALLAS,
THANKS
FAMILY HAS GREAT CONNECTIONS UP THERE WITH DOCTORS WILL I HAVE MY OWN CHOICE?

hmm do not get me started on attorny
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

Depending on the specialty and if the IC is in a network----or if you have a designated WC Dr. certified---if your current Dr. can refer you to the one you are talking about that would be great!-- I would go there before the move -(not saying put off the move) that way when you get to your new location your new Dr. has all the records etc------

~Dallas307~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volunteering illegal while receiving disability payments rafe 5 9,837 12-19-2020, 12:26 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Approved for ssdi while receiving WC in reverse offset state farmboy 7 7,829 06-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: farmboy
  Receiving sec 32 from NYS Insurance Fund Jeffsande01 2 3,564 10-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Jeffsande01
  Old Injury - Still Receiving Treatment Onrope 4 3,232 08-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Receiving weekly payments Osok 3 3,832 05-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Osok
  receiving treatment ribbies 3 2,861 07-06-2014, 11:16 AM
  Received letter from CMS receiving MSA smackman 2 9,284 02-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Salary cut while receiving worker's comp benefits chicagoHdiscs 5 15,446 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question Termination of employment while receiving workers compensation in California cportero 1 13,216 10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
  Still receiving TTD checks after MMI ? maw19531 4 12,590 04-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Lilly