Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
herniated discs
I just had a oregon state Ime. And the results are in my favor. but i just dont know what is going to happen to me now.

to go back a little bit. i hurt my back some time ago at work, pulling a pig out of a knocking box and had instant pain in low back and legs.i told the supervisor and he said not to go to the dr and he put me on light duty. a few days later i was relaxing in a sitting position and a coworker put me into a head lock and pulled me up by the neck. instant pain every where. I told the supervisor what happened and the i was going to the dr. I finally had an mri and they found 3 hern disc. with 1 causing problems.

this is a quote from the ime.... both of his injuries, the one on may 18 hyperextending his lumbar spine and the hyperextension injury when a coworker did a head lock on him are both to cause an annular tear.

2nd quote... I believe his low back injury of may 18th has worsened. I think the most likely scenario is that he had an annular tear as a result of his injury on may 18th which has progressed to a central hern of the l4 l5 disc

the questions that i have is whom is responsible for my injuries WC or my employer????

to add to all this.. i have had to injections in the spine the 1st one helped with no pain and the 2nd on was so painful and my legs had trouble all day. and it has not helped and now other problems are happening and dr wants another mri yeah!!!!

but out of all this what do i have to look forward to. i know i can keep doing my job much longer to much pain to bare. dr said i am not in need of surgery. I an told that i will be loosing my job and i know no one will hire me with a bad back. will there be a settlement in the end and how much . thanks for any advise or info

you will be given an impairment rating that will entitle you to some partial disability benefits. If the permanent impairment results in work restrictions that prevent your return to work you will be eligible for vocational rehabilitation.
you can find out more about Oregon's work comp benefits from their website
http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/wcd/index.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

i wonder why drs differ so much in plans for pateints i had 2 herniated disks(lumbar)and when he found the annulear tears from the discogram said i needed a 2 level fusion..wonder why you wouldnt need one with the tears and herniations
SETTLED!!!

one issue is the stability of the spinal segments around the injured discs.
fusing puts an additional load on the rest of the segments; if they are not strong enough more damage can be done.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(((the questions that i have is whom is responsible for my injuries WC or my employer)))?

To answer your question... It's work comp, as the employer and work comp equal the same thing.

Now it's up to the employer to do what they wish with employee that put you in a head lock though.

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/wcd/policy/rules/rules.html
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So your doctor says you have a herniated or bulging disc California_Help 5 1,868 02-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Jmrbutlerbey
  Settling a lifetime medical on a herniated disc claim Peanut 2 5,267 06-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 43,014 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Herniated Discs DRT 4 3,253 04-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  CERVICAL STENOSIS - Bulging Discs RAT6MAN6 2 3,892 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 13,948 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Steriod Injections for Herniated Disks ib neck casual1 0 3,901 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Last Post: casual1
  mid and low back herniated discs jayc123 4 7,943 11-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Last Post: jayne
  3 herniated discs Da Busta 18 21,129 09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Injured & Need Advice (herniated discs, etc) chicagoHdiscs 13 19,886 08-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Cycler