Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hardware injection
well yesterday had a hardware injection and the dr said theres alot of scar tissue build up at the surgery site said he could tell from the needles going through rough areas to get to the hardware to inject above the screws..so now im kinda worried as to how this will be delt with when he sends the report to my wc doctor..but the injection was great altough very painful i am in absolutley no pain since the injection yesterday i feal just as good as i did before i was injured was wondering that when they go in to remove the hardware if they will address the scar tissue as well..would appreciate a response from anyone with knowledge on this matter
SETTLED!!!

My surgeon always removed old scare tissue.

I (((Caution)) you to as feeling great now. Don't go doing something you shouldn't just because you feel good. It can cause problems later. Just give this time to work, and wait it out a week or so.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

scarring is a difficult problem to solve; each patient responds differently to invasive procedures. more surgery can create more scarring.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 is right. Most surgery....in fact all that I am aware of, will cause fresh scar tissue. That is why it is such a huge problem. I haven't done any research on the subject, but probably should, but I am not even sure this is an issue that is being addressed to reduce. Someone else will know.

With regards to feeling great. Please pay attention to what is being said by BadBoy, you can feel so great that you go out and do something that will feel ok when you are in the moment. But once that injection wears off you will pay. Maybe pay with more injury, so be very careful to stay within your restrictions.

ok BBBB i will..and i appreciate the replays bags and 1171...if only i could have that injection once a week it would be great and im gonna stay within my restrictions but i guess that means its the hardware thats causing my pain bc ive been pain free since yesterday around 11:30 feals amazing went from being hunched over walking with a limp to damn near jumping off the operating room table i had instant releif..hopefully it can last till my next dr's appointment
SETTLED!!!

wow that is good news...... i hope the relief last..

yeah bronco me too it feals great
SETTLED!!!

I am glad you got some relief. You want to keep a list of when you start to feel pain again. Meaning, what you were doing and how long the pain lasted. Things like that. Use the time to be proactive in your own treatment. The injection was a diagnostic tool for the dr/drs..

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

yeah aqa they gave me a lil pain diary about to po0st my last entry and still in litle to no pain cant beleive it..
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sweating after injection. vickinat 16 48,286 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Counterfeit Hardware kev_b 11 9,170 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jayne
  How long does it take to get approval from IC for a injection ca/wa what next 1 3,787 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: 1171
  can steroid injection make you worse.. sand3rd 7 34,706 06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  hardware injection inpainokla 10 16,402 05-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: bear31255
  2Level Discectomy w/fusion and hardware ttguns 14 16,927 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Anyone had 2level discectomy w/fusion and hardware settlement? ttguns 4 17,003 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Last Post: tpm
  2Level Discectomy w/fusion and hardware ttguns 1 4,398 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Last Post: 1171
  injection site injury jblarson53 13 17,362 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jblarson53
  steroid injection davidgary 4 5,909 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Cycler