Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wrist injury
Hi i've been readins some of the comments on this forum and found them to be very interesting.Which brought me to ask some questions of my own.
My situation goes like this.....i injured my wrist last year at work and went thru the proper channels at work.Ended up that i had a complete tear of a ligament in my right wrist.I had surgery to repair went thru therapy and now WC wants to close my case.I was rated at 6% impairment and was offered about $3500.Being that my wrist right now in some areas is about half or less than my right wrist.Does this sound or seem to be fair?I work in the utility industry and i have to do quite a bit of physical work lifting,pulling etc........Any suggestions?

do you still have a job??
SETTLED!!!

maxxypearl Wrote:Hi i've been readins some of the comments on this forum and found them to be very interesting.Which brought me to ask some questions of my own.
My situation goes like this.....i injured my wrist last year at work and went thru the proper channels at work.Ended up that i had a complete tear of a ligament in my right wrist.I had surgery to repair went thru therapy and now WC wants to close my case.I was rated at 6% impairment and was offered about $3500.Being that my wrist right now in some areas is about half or less than my right wrist.Does this sound or seem to be fair?I work in the utility industry and i have to do quite a bit of physical work lifting,pulling etc........Any suggestions?
Is it the right or the left? are you right or left handed? You are at MMI right?
What state are you from? What surgerie did you have done? What ligament did you tear (Cause you said A ligament tear)
When you say last year when last year? how long exactly? Just curious. Have you had a FCE test done yet? In any rate if I were you I might ask an attorney. Good luck to you
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

Get your own rating and if it's higher negotiate for more.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

To answer a few questions it is my right hand and i am right handed,yes i am at MMI,in the state of Colorado the Scapholunate ligament was torn completely,the surgery was Blatt ligament reconstruction capsulorrhaphy of the right wrist,done in may of '09.Not sure what a FCE test is,just had WC dr take degree movement measurements and compared to the left hand and i was returned to work with no restrictions.

seeing how alot of ppl lose there jobs during this wc process not sure if ive lost mine or not but if i were you and i was happy with the surgery and the treatment that was offered i would just take the money there offering and be happy that i still had a job to go back too..jmo
SETTLED!!!

From what I do remember, Scapholunate ligament Blatt ligament reconstruction.

88% of that of the contralateral hand returned to function after about 100 days after surgery. The average time to return to work was 105 days. And about 32 months for full recovery to take place. At 32 month follow-up, radiographs showed maintenance of the anatomical reduction of the scapholunate articulation in all cases and the scapholunate angle was normal.

Now you asked, is $3,500.00 a good close settlement amount? That all depends on the if your left with any permanent damage or not. Wont know till after 32 months.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=P...DLEWrapper
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:From what I do remember, Scapholunate ligament Blatt ligament reconstruction.

88% of that of the contralateral hand returned to function after about 100 days after surgery. The average time to return to work was 105 days. And about 32 months for full recovery to take place. At 32 month follow-up, radiographs showed maintenance of the anatomical reduction of the scapholunate articulation in all cases and the scapholunate angle was normal.

Now you asked, is $3,500.00 a good close settlement amount? That all depends on the if your left with any permanent damage or not. Wont know till after 32 months.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=P...DLEWrapper

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrist brace in food service? Help EcKo_23 4 4,424 08-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  ANYONE WITH WRIST INJURY NEED HELP? poloii 5 10,092 05-21-2017, 02:41 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Pennsylvania - Wrist Injury BrettT 2 1,828 04-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Need help, getting anthroscopic debridement on triangular fibrocartilage on wrist marcus 6 4,570 11-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Out of state injury broken wrist HaroldWelds80 2 5,057 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question Employer won't allow wrist brace MIinTX 11 17,845 06-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: brneyedgirl40
  ppi rating for right wrist zflem24 1 5,673 08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  wrist and arm nevadaguy 4 4,854 05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
  wrist and hand pain from machine techwork 6 6,335 01-02-2008, 01:16 PM
  Wrist Injury WorriedinColorado 11 10,066 06-05-2007, 12:55 PM