Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injury on job
If i was injuried on my job, and went on medical leave for six months instead of worker's comp and my back is still no better is my work place still responsible . can i still file workers comp

I believe that we need more information to answer you questions. Each state is different in terms of how their process works. Welcome to the board..
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

red1030 Wrote:I believe that we need more information to answer you questions. Each state is different in terms of how their process works. Welcome to the board..

I injured my back at work, but went on short term disability instead of filing worker's comp

what red was reffering to is that different states have different laws pertaining to workers compensation. If your state was known more accurate info can be provided
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Welcome to the Boards swep, but may I ask why you are hesitant to file a w/c claim? My opinion only, but if you wait too long, and Dr. on your own without filing a w/c claim, you are wasting valuable leave time, and you run the chance of being denied by not filing a timely claim. I know this w/c system is scary and very complicated, but you surely want to check your State Laws and Regulations, you may leave yourself unable to file, and not receive what is rightfully yours! You may want to Consult with a w/c Certified Attorney, the first visit is usually free, just to be safe! Best of Luck, and Please keep us informed!Wink