Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drs report from lawyer
once zach has seen dr moris(pmdr)then he will be taking over all pain management issues as potentially an injection will be made into the harvest site.whenever he has demonstrated a solid arthrodesis if he is continually having problems then we will set him up for a hardware injectionto see if he might benefit from hardware removal or fusion exploration i think he can continue to work under previously set forth restrictions..

ofcoarse my employer will not let me go back to work with any restriction..and i also want to know what fusion exploration is hopefully it isnt what it sounds like
SETTLED!!!

well,, it is.

Just the steps in the process......

After a minimum 1-year follow-up, the patients who showed radiographic evidence of fusion underwent instrumentation removal and surgical exploration of the fusion site. Biopsy specimens were taken from the fusion mass and evaluated histologically. Results. Radiographic fusion rate was 7 of 9 OP-1 patients and 9 of 10 control patients. Based on surgical exploration of these 16 patients, new bone formation was macroscopically observed in the posterolateral lumbar region in all cases; however, solid fusion was observed in 4 of 7 OP-1 and 7 of 9 HA-TCP/autograft patients. Histologic assessment demonstrated viable bone in 6 of 7 OP-1 patients. All the control (HA-TCP/autograft) specimens contained viable bone and fibrous tissue surrounding ceramic granules, suggesting slow incorporation of the graft material. Conclusions. In a human posterolateral lumbar spine trial, OP-1 reliably induced viable amounts of new bone formation, but the fusion success rate evaluated by surgical exploration was only 4 of 7.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BBBB can you explain that in a way to where i can understand it?
SETTLED!!!

surgical exploration

Means when they go in to remove the Hardware, they are going to Explore the area and Fusion Area, sometimes take a Biopsy for evaluation purposes, mostly a mass portion sample from the fusion is evaluated...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

ty BBBB
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PQME's PS Report v/s PTP's PS Report? neckpain101 6 4,635 10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: 1171