Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ssd decision
I applied for ssd 6-14-07, today I got my responce. 7-26-07. I filed part of it online and the other part I did in person. I gave them all my medical records.Today I got a standard denial letter.They stated

The following information was used to decide your claim

dr.----------, records received on 7-2-07 and -------medical center, records received on 7-6-07.

We were unable ot obtain additional reports; however, we had enough information to evaluate your condition. We have determined that your condition is not expected to remain sever enough for 12 months in a row to keep you from working. As long as you follow your doctors orders and take your medicine, this condition remains under control. By following doctors orders, further improvement can be expected.

First off the dr and the medical center were involved in the second surgery. Not the third. Second off, If my treating dr. could inprove my condition he would not be sending to pm dr. who is talking about a spinal stimulator.

My present medical conditon is L5-S1 fusion with hardware and permenate nerve damage S1 nerve left side. Injury date of 9-05.

The reason for the post is 1) the time frame to get the responce. 2) To show a standard denial. And tommorow I will be seeing an attorney about appealing the decision.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

good luck in your fight by no means give up.

good luck with the road ahead that you have im still waiting for my hearing
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

You are doing the right thing by looking at an attorney for social security

I used to intake for SSA under the Zebley Decision.

Many times denials happened because SSA did not have complete records. Go back over you medical information and see what other information you can obtain to strengthen you claim.

Often if SSDI doesn't feel they have enough medical records to support your claim they will send you to physicians for additional information. I believe however, that your claim was processed very quickly and they did not have all the records. A lawyer is most likely the best way to go. The lawyer will point you in the right direction.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Thanks for showing the denial form, and Best of Luck with your Attorney. Don't let it get you down, a good percentage of SSDI apps. are denied the first time, Hang in There and maybe the second time will be the charm!!Wink

I would like to add that hubby was also denied in 30 days. His attorney told him that had he known and got involved at the reconsideration stage that hubby probably would not have waited almost 3 years.

CAP

Well I spoke with an attorney today and signed so many papers my hand cramped up. It was a two hour session of talking. When it ia all said and done, he is representing me and is the nephew of my nero-surgen. In a city of over 500,000 what are the odds.

Thank-You all for your reponces.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Good luck, thanks for letting us see what it looks like. I think the time frame was the big red flag though. It is sad, they just stamp em and go on I think.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

I'm not positive AQA but I think it's almost standard for SSI to deny everyone the first time and sometimes up to 3 times. My roomie/ex husband has congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and other assorted things that keep him from working. He had to fight for approx 2 years before he was awarded SSI. That's bad news, yet good news as there is always hope. Hang in there and don't give up. Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision redsoxfan 11 3,993 02-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  i think i got a decision holla85 4 5,180 01-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Last Post: poppy481647