Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
settlement stages
wanted some insite from you guys in regards to the settlement stage of my claim. my injury was 01 an now its came to a crossroad, so its a question being posed as to the compensation aspect and is it sufficient. Im not comparing claims as i know that areas serve different judgments an, some injuries are more significant, just really wanted to touch base with someone outside of the lawyer realm to get an idea on whats typical and whats not. i understand the reality of comp claims being almost a game, and dont want to be consumed that way. as everyone posting here should know that wc is an insurance company, and the settlement aspect is where my questions an concerns lie. but u cant really judge ur own fate of dealing with attorneys an ic's and those things if u dont understand them. me i get the jist of it but theirs postings ive read where people are completely in the dark, and legal help is there when they want too, not when they need to.

Toungue 
ureraw Wrote:wanted some insite from you guys in regards to the settlement stage of my claim. my injury was 01 an now its came to a crossroad, so its a question being posed as to the compensation aspect and is it sufficient. Im not comparing claims as i know that areas serve different judgments an, some injuries are more significant, just really wanted to touch base with someone outside of the lawyer realm to get an idea on whats typical and whats not. i understand the reality of comp claims being almost a game, and dont want to be consumed that way. as everyone posting here should know that wc is an insurance company, and the settlement aspect is where my questions an concerns lie. but u cant really judge ur own fate of dealing with attorneys an ic's and those things if u dont understand them. me i get the jist of it but theirs postings ive read where people are completely in the dark, and legal help is there when they want too, not when they need to.

I am in the same position in WC. How about 1171, do you have any addvice?[/b][/align][/color][/size][/font]

im not familiar with 1171, is this a term in ur area or a settlement amount?

1171 is an expert in Calif WC...again we cannot help either of you without knowing what your injuries are and what state you are in if you are MMI just more info
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

im sorry my state is ohio and i had bilateral femur fractures, with a c-1 fracture and neck fusion. had a vein replaced in my thigh and bells palsy in my face. i had hardware( titanium rods ) installed in femurs and removed in 1 leg, still present in another. also wore a halo for 3 months.......

a good starting point for finding out about the different benefits under OHIO work comp laws is here
https://www.ohiobwc.com/downloads/brochu...outYou.pdf

more info on maximum medical improvement
https://www.ohiobwc.com/downloads/blankpdf/maximp.pdf
info on permanent partial benefits
https://www.ohiobwc.com/downloads/blankp...entage.pdf

BWC website
http://www.ohiobwc.com/default.aspx

each state is different so these links apply to OHIO. while many states are similiar; others can be very different.
Once you have specific questions or issues come back and the board will try to offer some help.
For generalized and basic information about workers comp or a particular state's system and without a specific question it's best to review the basic information available thru the websites.

does this help?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

no disrespect but i understand the terms of bwc, pointing in the direction of bwc is something ive already evaluated. i think as a iw we look for insite on our cases to understand how an why an when, im seeing people post with limited or no info to turn to outside of a biased attorney. is the insurance game that powerful? we are dealing with livelehoods with some people who are injured more than i am, so getting the help for those situations are the main concerns.

I quess we dont know what you are wanting....a settlement depends on many things...do you have a disabilty rating or are you back to full duty with no restrictions....are you done with medical help or do you need more.....WC is a big black hole that most crawl out of with no problems they get their medical care and TTD right on time and at the end everything is settled with no problems...the people on this forum are the ones who couldnt for awhile crawl out and need some answers some of us have settled and stuck around to try and help others and some are WC people who are trying to help......but just as you cant make cake with just flour and eggs...we cant answer you without more info...so can you be a bit more open with us.....and yes the insurance companies are very powerful....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

ureraw Wrote:no disrespect but i understand the terms of bwc, pointing in the direction of bwc is something ive already evaluated. i think as a iw we look for insite on our cases to understand how an why an when, im seeing people post with limited or no info to turn to outside of a biased attorney. is the insurance game that powerful? we are dealing with livelehoods with some people who are injured more than i am, so getting the help for those situations are the main concerns.

Okay, Injured in 2001 so you should know the "ropes fairly well. Here are some basic questions;

Are you at MMI?

Have you had a FCE? What was the findings?

Are you PTD?

Will you need future medical? (MSA)

What do you want or what are your expectations and why?

Every state is different but I feel your info given is shallow to receive help.

Being your injury was in 2001, you know all the terms above so please give us some input.

WC can be a Beast but with a good Attorney you should get what is allowed by your state statutes.

as i stated earlier this accident was in 01, so as far as the payments.....been there, im at a settlement stage now.what these people who have stumbled upon this site want is some peace of mind outside of the bureaucracy. if youve gotten this far youve preety much have met that y in the road. no one writes in wanting anything but a story that they can parallel their situation with.(that i wonder who else has experienced this feeling). at this point theyve driven a spouse or significant other insane with the situation. if settling is the best issue, be cut and dry with people who chime in. then you wouldnt have a flood of people hanging around a site with no more direction from which they started.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stages preframe 1 2,537 05-21-2014, 01:22 AM
Last Post: 1171
  beginning stages, what's the drill? acalbertson 14 6,142 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Last Post: acalbertson