Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
well, I guess it's happened "Addiction"
29, My mind is that age but my body sure is not.......lol.

i am 30 and feal the same as bronco after hsving the back surgery i feal much older
SETTLED!!!

capricorn Wrote:Wink...you know what I mean....you are such a great comedian. I'm 56 also.....only age I didn't like turning besides 29......go figure.Rolleyes
Cappy,
I was just messing with you! I was messing with Lilly, too...but she didn't bite!! Wink

P.S. Knock on wood, I don't look my age, and I always feel like a teenager--and sometimes act like one! Just ask my wife!! Shy

Bronco, inpainokla~
At times it's hard, but I practice mind over matter--however psychedelic that may sound! Cool

Cycler

That's odd.

Tramadol 100, 200 and 300 mg are intended to be taken once a day with reported 24 hour bio-availability. gte 50 mg is the four times per day version with much shortened bio-availability. SO if you are taking 100 mg four times per day you are getting the physical dependance of a 400 mg but eh analgesia of a 10. I wold expect you to have minimal pain relief but significant problems weaning from the tramadol which IS classified as an opiate but not a controlled substance.
[/quote]

Cycler,

My Tramadol is 50 mg tablets and is prescribed 2@4x's per day as needed for pain.
It was decided the combination of it, Lodine 1000mgs/day, Cymbalta & Zanaflex 4mg@3x's/day and 3@bedtime was the best combo that gave me the most relief of the constant pain. I'm never completely pain free, but I can function as long as I don't overdo it. Many differant meds were tried on me to come up with the best solution, I also have my TENS unit.

A few months ago I asked my Dr. for a cheaper alternative to the Cymbalta, he gave me the generic form of Effexor since it would deal with the nerve pain similar to the Cymbalta. I ended up having severe problems with it and had to return to Cymbalta after only a few weeks. Everyone has differant tolerances to meds, and I have tried so many that I'm happy to at least be able to function, even with having to use a cane, at least I'm still walking.

Thank you for your information.
Vickie

Cycler Wrote:That's odd.

Tramadol 100, 200 and 300 mg are intended to be taken once a day with reported 24 hour bio-availability. gte 50 mg is the four times per day version with much shortened bio-availability. SO if you are taking 100 mg four times per day you are getting the physical dependance of a 400 mg but eh analgesia of a 10. I wold expect you to have minimal pain relief but significant problems weaning from the tramadol which IS classified as an opiate but not a controlled substance.

I also take Tramadol, 100 mgs 4x's a day, along with Cymbalta and about 15 other scripts. I have made the mistake of "cutting" back on the Tramadol, boy did I have problems. My doctor tells me that my body is dependant on all of my meds to keep my pain levels manageable and other medical problems in check. I was always under the understanding that since Tramadol was'nt a narcotic that it was'nt addicting, now I know the differaces between addicting and being dependant.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Love
Vickie
[/quote]
[/quote]

I took 100 mg of Tramadol immediate release 4x a day before I went to PM clinic a few years ago.

I took 2 of the 50 mg along with a 500 mg dosage of Tylenol.
I do believe a 100 mg pill of Tramadol instance release can now be purchased but I was prescribe 2 of the 50 mg at a time.

Cycler ...I will do just that because I like Tramadol. Tylenol 3 also worked for me for years. Funny how the stronger Vicodin, Lortab and percocet don't do anything for my pain. Woops. I'm lying. Once in a blue moon I take a 7.5 percocet if I really can't take the pain in my arm and it does help.

Jayne..Big Grin

Winky....... I thought so...you are hard to read sometimes. Of course I should have know better. Maybe Lilly didn't see it. 56 to me is looking 60 in the eyes. I don't feel it, look it , or act it but it's still there in the back of my mind.Rolleyes

Wow people,,,,,, at age 70, 56 sounds good to me..LOL

I hate taking any meds, but they are a must. I take thyroid, B/P, Diaretic, 81 mg aspirin, Calcium, vit D, and Potassium. And they have nothing to do with my injury......I would toss them if I could..

Tramadol is an opiate but is not a scheduled narcotic because in the US ( anyway) it is not felt to have the impairment issues that schedule II and III opiates do.
As an opiate it will still have the dependancy and withdrawal issues though.
freebird Wrote:

I also take Tramadol, 100 mgs 4x's a day, along with Cymbalta and about 15 other scripts. I have made the mistake of "cutting" back on the Tramadol, boy did I have problems. My doctor tells me that my body is dependant on all of my meds to keep my pain levels manageable and other medical problems in check. I was always under the understanding that since Tramadol was'nt a narcotic that it was'nt addicting, now I know the differaces between addicting and being dependant.

Love
Vickie
[/quote]

I took 100 mg of Tramadol immediate release 4x a day before I went to PM clinic a few years ago.

I do believe a 100 mg pill of Tramadol instance release can now be purchased but I was prescribe 2 of the 50 mg at a time.
[/quote]

So - are you taking two 50 mg tramadol tablest or one 100mg tablet four times a day. From my understanding, and I just did an online search, there is no 100mg preparation that should be used four times per day as they are the extended release version while it IS ok to use two 50 mg tablets four times per day and al fort the reasons previously stated.

And you KNOW my opinion on the matter; that just because your Dr. said it's ok doesn't mean it's a good idea.

freebird Wrote:

Love
Vickie
[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A different way to look at addiction California_Help 6 4,466 07-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Well it finaly happened AQA 27 13,507 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 3,576 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
  guess who is in ga sweet tooth 8 6,377 11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Care to guess who's political ad showed this??? AQA 4 5,305 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
  On a positive note, name something good that happened to you today monster 11 11,768 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Toungue Guess who I ran into?? capricorn 6 6,277 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Guess what I seen this morning..??? bronco54501 2 3,208 03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Good news I guess capricorn 6 4,747 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Can you guess who this is going to be backache 54 19,393 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Last Post: red1030