Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
well, I guess it's happened "Addiction"
I am addicted to many things mainly coffee popcorn and bananas without these 3 daily my body will not function..Zoloft is a must if I dont want my family sinking me in the pond....and several others which I must take to move about.Lilly your tramadol is like food to your body try not eating for 2 days.....it doesnt feel good....in the mean time welcome to the wonderful world of addiction....pick your poison.....my daughter is addicted to chocolate .....Bill his pepsi.... come on confess you have more than drugstore candy you are adicted to......what about that fairy dust you stir with your wand?Wanna watch sweet tooth go bonkers take her to a krispy cream donut place and tell her no warm donuts for her she will knock you in the head with her walker.....My point sweetheart is just this we love you and understand the coming to grips with knowing you simply must rely on drugstore candy to get up in the morning and to sleep at night it really sucks but its a fact of life for us now
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi Lilly, I really appreciate that you are willing to share just how you are feeling without a particular drug etc. I am sure that many on here would have similar experiences if they suddenly withdrew or stopped one of their drugs also. However, as commented too, there is a difference between addiction and dependence. In your case, your body developed a dependence to a drug which you withdrew. As stated, any thing such as coffee that the body adapts too, and then you take it away, may create some symptoms of some sort. Addiction however, is more than having some symptoms once the drug is taken away. Take me for instance, while gradually increasing my ativan due to outside enviormental factors and loss of ability to cope with existing factors in my life, I experienced behavioral changes, sleep changes, appetite changes, memory changes, and many many more changes that I can't even remember them all and their impact on the ones that I love most... all of this would enhance a reason to take more ativan to function. Then suddenly I stopped the drug when I realized what I was doing...and the doctor said no, I can't do this.. or I am at risk for seizures, MI's, etc etc etc... I had an addiction. I used it to cope with life and then I could not do without it. IN your case, you used your drug correctly and under the guidance of a physician. Your body became adapted to it and felt threatened when you with withdrew the drug. Here are a copied set of definitions of addiction versus dependence.

Addiction is a primary, chronic, neurobiological disease, with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. It is characterized by behaviors that include one or more of the following: impaired control over drug use, compulsive use, continued use despite harm, and craving.

Physical dependence is a state of adaptation that is manifested by a drug-class specific withdrawal syndrome that can be produced by abrupt cessation, rapid dose reduction, decreasing blood level of the drug, and/or administration of an antagonist (7).

I hope this helps to set your mind at ease and give you more room to reflect and adapt to your situation as it is truly. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Jayne, I want some of whatever it is you're on today! LOL!!!!
Let Go, and Let God......

Bananas,popcorn and coffee.......I live on it...lol
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi all,

Well, Thank you very much EVERYONE for putting me at ease over the addition/dependance issue....I never would have given "dependance" a second thought!
Sunshine7, please don't feel that Cycler is being short or rude....she has a way with words that is straight forward and simple to understand, That looses all emotion in typed words. But thanks for trying to stick up for me!
Yes, I have MANY dependance's.....such as my coffee, cigs, salt, food and candy, booze, friends, shopping , numerous heart meds, vicodin, Lyrica, soma, lexapro...about all of about 14 scripts that I take daily. My sudden realization struck me just after missing 2 measley doses of the Tramadol....and it was frightening! They are such tiny pills, and 200 mg a day is not that much!! But I guess it is "Just enough" after taking them several years now.
Ok..now I feel better, I'm not addicted....I just depend on them ALL!
What would I do without all your knowledge and compassion? I hate to think, and it's a comfort to know I have everyone by the hand and heart!

((Hugs)) Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly, I'm Glad You are Feeling Better! Red has Given Great Info. on Addiction vs. Dependence! Daily I have to take Methadone, Neurontin, Valium, Lyrica, and Morphine, All Very Addictive if Used Improperly. But My Body is Dependent on These Meds. as I Follow the given Dr.'s Orders with Each. If I had to Ween Off of All of These I may have to be Hospitalized and Brought Down Slowly, as These Meds are Heavy Duty, and I Hate taking Them Daily, but We have to do what We have to do!! Very Good Post Red!!Wink

Lilly...I am so glad you are in a better frame of mind now. God bless.Smile

Well said Red, it is nice to see you coming on top again.

i too take tramadol 2 every 6 hours 80 every 10 days and ran out 3 days before my script was due to refill once and never again got the sweats,chill,rld couldnt sleep just plain misery so i do know what you guys and gals mean when you say DO NOT RUN OUT..it is was worse than the withdrawl syptoms from hydrocodone for me anyway
SETTLED!!!

Lilly Wrote:Hi all,

Well, Thank you very much EVERYONE for putting me at ease over the addition/dependance issue....I never would have given "dependance" a second thought!
Sunshine7, please don't feel that Cycler is being short or rude....she has a way with words that is straight forward and simple to understand, That looses all emotion in typed words. But thanks for trying to stick up for me!
Yes, I have MANY dependance's.....such as my coffee, cigs, salt, food and candy, booze, friends, shopping , numerous heart meds, vicodin, Lyrica, soma, lexapro...about all of about 14 scripts that I take daily. My sudden realization struck me just after missing 2 measley doses of the Tramadol....and it was frightening! They are such tiny pills, and 200 mg a day is not that much!! But I guess it is "Just enough" after taking them several years now.
Ok..now I feel better, I'm not addicted....I just depend on them ALL!
What would I do without all your knowledge and compassion? I hate to think, and it's a comfort to know I have everyone by the hand and heart!

((Hugs)) Lilly

Hi Lilly,
Welcome to the forum! Wink I'm on Tramadol - and I am surprised that it is still not a controlled substance, because it is indeed an opiate--a very dangerous one at that if abused like some people often do. I've been on it for around 4 years now...and yep, I'm hooked on them, too. In my case I believe I have both a physical and psychological dependence on them...along with the Lortabs that I also take. I'm also on Flexerills, and Meloxicams. Just be vigilant about your liver and kidney function at the doctor's office.

BTW, Cycler is a she?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A different way to look at addiction California_Help 6 4,464 07-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Well it finaly happened AQA 27 13,488 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 3,571 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
  guess who is in ga sweet tooth 8 6,361 11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Care to guess who's political ad showed this??? AQA 4 5,299 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
  On a positive note, name something good that happened to you today monster 11 11,753 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Toungue Guess who I ran into?? capricorn 6 6,273 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Guess what I seen this morning..??? bronco54501 2 3,200 03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Good news I guess capricorn 6 4,740 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Can you guess who this is going to be backache 54 19,344 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Last Post: red1030