Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hardware injection
hi everyone just wanted to see if anyone has had a hardware injection and to see if there painful..my dr said the discogram that i had wouldnt be to painful but it was extremly painful
SETTLED!!!

Inpainokla, everyone is different. With that being said, the injections are not that bad. If it is like mine was. You will be given injections were the rods and screws are and they will be asking you how you feel. They are trying to figure out if it is the hardware that is causing you pain. If you feel a change in your pain level after the injection, it is a good indicator that something is not right with the hardware.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

so did you have your hardware removed AQA?
SETTLED!!!

No sir, my problem was that there were more fragments of my L5-S1 disc still in my back. In my case the disc shattered. They had to find all the fragments and remove those. I still have hardware in my spine.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

thats crazy i sure hope that isnt the case for me i really do not want another surgery but if it releives the pain than im ok with it
SETTLED!!!

i did not realize that the hardware could create pain. i am surely going to bring this up to my Neurosurgeon in a cpl wks. i had a laminectomy fusion L5-S1 about 3 months after the surgery i felt like i never had surgery all pain was back. my last ct scan showed that the surgery was a success so maybe it is the hardware causing the problems. i have had about 9 injection in the lower back .. around the hardware into the spinal cord and into the siatic nerve and no relief.. is this a specific kind of injection that is done to test the hardware??

yeah from what my dr said he will inject something around the screws and plates in my back and if i have instant relief then its the hardware that is causing the prob and he will remove and he just called it a hardware injection..like you i too am still in pain its not the same kinda pain as pre op but its like a migrain right in the middle of my back where the surgery was done..so hopefully this will work..hope you get some answers soon take care
SETTLED!!!

I my self have lots of hardware looks like a train track through out my pelvis/pubic bones and hip socket... I complained from day 1 and after many many injections they only injected 1 hardware posability, and its the top of the chain link plates which screws my top of pelvis to my SI joint. Had about 40 to 50% relief and surgeon wont remove it for theres a risk of stability... I have multi pain generators and they all lead around the area of hardware, except for the S1-l5 l4-l5...... I really do hope they help for you................Bronco

ty bronco
SETTLED!!!

are you totally disabled bronco?
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sweating after injection. vickinat 16 48,945 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Counterfeit Hardware kev_b 11 9,415 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jayne
  How long does it take to get approval from IC for a injection ca/wa what next 1 3,842 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: 1171
  can steroid injection make you worse.. sand3rd 7 34,888 06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  2Level Discectomy w/fusion and hardware ttguns 14 17,187 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Anyone had 2level discectomy w/fusion and hardware settlement? ttguns 4 17,301 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Last Post: tpm
  2Level Discectomy w/fusion and hardware ttguns 1 4,476 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Last Post: 1171
  injection site injury jblarson53 13 17,652 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jblarson53
  steroid injection davidgary 4 5,995 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  hardware injection inpainokla 8 8,809 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Last Post: inpainokla