Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tens Unit Question
I'm using the tens unit on the neck & shoulders

Muscles spasms & and headache that won't quit.

I've moved the pads to different locations and have the tens set at 3.5 right now, had it at 3 but not getting any relief.

Does it make a difference if the tens is set at a higher or lower setting in helping with relief?

Thanks,
Bummer Knees

No, in fact I was told to turn it up, you aint going to smell nothing burning or cooking with a portable Tens Unit neither...Big Grin
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Can't get past 3.5 without the muscles doing a dance.

And if I write or hold a pen, more dancing.

Bummer- sometimes you will have to move it around to get the best spot, then turn it all the way up and slowly back it down. If you are still going to PT have them show you where to put it and help you set it.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Thanks RNvic I will try that.

Haven't had pt for 2 yrs.

This is from the auto accident, I'm having to pay all medical bills on the neck myself until settlement.

So no PT.

Bummer the unit will bite at first but when you get the setting right it will make a big difference. I have three units, at one time I had one on my arm and one on my lower back, then when I broke my arm last May they put a new one on my arm. It helped for a while then I stopped wearing it.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Bummer, at PT they would put a cold pack over the stimulator so I tried it at home and it works well in the neck and shoulder area. Keep the Tens just as high as you are comfortable with it. I use one for upper extremity and one for lower. It's also a time to relax, so you really shouldn't be writing or holding a pen. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

Some of the better TENS units come with a diagram for best placement depending upon the area needing relief. Placement can be important, start low, let the muscles adapt. If you're not relaxing while using it you won't get much relief. You can try a cold pack like CC suggested or even a muscle cream.

You can probably get a diagram online for placement.

BB

I was told the muscles should dance some, as that is what gets the muscles to relax. Plus as CC said, they told me heat up first, apply Tens Unit, and Ice during and after.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bummer have you tried moving the pads farther away from each other they may be to close.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tens Unit Problems Bummer Knees 12 23,732 03-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Found my Tens unit today monster 12 7,624 03-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Last Post: rholmes