Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of the lawyers
Hi all, I spoke with my lawyer yesterday for an update apparently its still a battle of the lawyers both pointing a finger at the other no one excepting responsability. I was injured 05 had had fusion 06 no real problem with w/c I returned to work lost my job. Got a new job worked there for about 1 1/2 years untill I ended up with more problems with my neck my neuro took me off work. ? how long will the judge let this go on, my first hearing was 10/08 and have had a few since. The lawyer for the first employer is saying that since I have ddd its not there problem, but I only have degenerative changes in c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 the fusion site, I dont understand there argument. The lawyer for the second employer I guess agrees with me. Man right now I just want medical why cant the judge order it aint it gone on long enough. My lawyer says in the end were better off getting both to payout a medium sum than going after just one for a larger or smaller amount. I am just beside myself with this crap I have no idea what im doing anymore I have no direction for the future for the first time in my life.
just another day in the life. cervical fusion c5-c6-c7 in 2005 reinjured in 2007. michigander.

the lawyers will fight it as long as possiable as thats how they get paid....your lawyer on the other hand gets paid % so there it is...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(((My lawyer says in the end were better off getting both to payout a medium sum than going after just one for a larger or smaller amount.)))

If talking settlement, this is true in a way. As it is smart to settle both cases and claims at the same time, as one will pay higher the the other.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

there is no time limit for how long you can litigate issues. It is a bit unusual unless there is a possibility that neither employer is liable. without knowing the doctors opinions on the cause of your current medical problems it's difficult to offer answers.
generally if it's just between 2 employers one pays and seeks re-imbursement from the other later.
P.s. it's possible your atty is better off waiting for a settlement rather the getting you treatment now.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I realy believe ive got the best lawyer in michigan, having said that he is not the best comunicator in that I still dont get the whole process. I am now under the impression that when settled I would have treatment for my neck because it aint hapend yet and I dont see it anytime soon. The cause of my current medical problems I believe is generic, diagnosis from my neuro surgeon after mri is cervicalgia. He sent me to p/m for 3 series of nerve blocks. I had a consultation with the p/m doc he setup the apointments added fentenyl to reduce vicodin, and discussed an electronic stimulator if the shots did not work. Two weeks before the first series of shots my employer laid me off and cancled my ins, thats when all treatment ended and I lawyered up 7/08. 1171 your kinda scarin me with the possibility of neither being liable, if that comes to be then what? cause this realy aint a case of sucking it up, thats what I did till I could no longer turn a clamp. I talked to my lawyer about the possibility of if I could come up with the cash getting some treatment on my own he didnt seem to keen on that. 1171, I could post my mri results post surgical if that would be of more help. Thank You All
just another day in the life. cervical fusion c5-c6-c7 in 2005 reinjured in 2007. michigander.

The More Info. Posted the Better for Answers. 1171 has a lot of Knowledge, and More Info. May Help Them to Answer You Better. Now for My Two Cents: If Your Attorney isn't giving You the info, You need, You have 2 Choices, Schedule a Set-Down Meeting with Your Attorney and Address Your Concerns, or Finding Your w/c Laws for Your State and Learning as much as You can about Them. I would Suggest You do Both, so You know if Your Attorney is giving You Correct Info., and You have More of a Handle on what's Happening in Your Case. Knowledge is Power in the World of w/c, so Learn as Much as You can!!Wink

Still in Limbo Wrote:The More Info. Posted the Better for Answers. 1171 has a lot of Knowledge, and More Info. May Help Them to Answer You Better. Now for My Two Cents: If Your Attorney isn't giving You the info, You need, You have 2 Choices, Schedule a Set-Down Meeting with Your Attorney and Address Your Concerns, or Finding Your w/c Laws for Your State and Learning as much as You can about Them. I would Suggest You do Both, so You know if Your Attorney is giving You Correct Info., and You have More of a Handle on what's Happening in Your Case. Knowledge is Power in the World of w/c, so Learn as Much as You can!!Wink

Hi still,Smile I appreciate ya chiming in. When I talk to my lawyer I always have ?s writen down to ask but, it takes time for some of his answers to sink in and then I have more ?s so I look here as well and you all have been very helpfull. Your dead on with educating myself on my states w/c laws as you are correct knowledge is power. Thanks.

Just wanted to add. c2-3 no disc protrusion, canal or foraminal stenosis seen. c3-4 no disc protrusion seen, canal or foraminal stenosis seen. c4-5 moderate broad based disc ostyophyte complex without contrast enhancement with effacement of the anterior subarachnoid space and mild narrowing of the neural foramina bilaterally and mild to moderate narrowing of the spinal canal. This disc osteophyte complex is more prominent when compared to previous study 9/6/05. c5-6 minor broad based disc osteophyte complex changes which is less prominent when compared to the preveous study with minor narrowing of the neural foraminal on the left side with mild narrowing of the spinal canal. No recurrent disc herniation is identified at this level. c6-7 mild to moderate broad based disc osteophyte complex which is somewhat projecting superiorly towards the mid body of c6 vertabra with mild narrowing of the neural foramina bilaterally, more on the right side and there is also mild narrowing of the spinal canal. There is somewhat mild right paracentral disc protrusion changes/disc osteophyte complex inferiorly with effacement of the anterior subarachnoid space at this level of c6-7. Similar finding was noted on the previous study. c7-t1 No disc protrusion, canal or foriminal stenosis seen. So all the problems are at the fusion site.

What this report is saying (disc osteophyte) is the disc [between two adjacent vertebra] and the vertebra edges begin to form bony "spikes" that stick out. It's caused by a long history of regular "wear and tear"... Basically, it's called osteoarthritis [regular arthritis]...

Or in other words, you have now got arthritis in the Fusion area, which is very common and known to take place in us people that have fusions. This would even include myself, with my 6 level fusion. Some may have problems with it, like you, and some like me, haven't had a problem, yet I do have arthritis in this fusion area.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

So with this information do you think that the ins co's can use this against me, because my argument is its only in the fusion site. Had I not gotten the fusion I dont think I would be dealing with this now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC Lawyers - Can you have two different lawyers on your Case? MrChicago 3 1,215 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Concerns re WC lawyers JnetM 8 8,296 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  back injured and lawyers are not helping 2tired2care 3 3,786 10-22-2014, 01:08 AM
  Changing Lawyers Scooter123 9 6,411 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Lawyers wont help me! Why?Texas millerrocks 1 2,576 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM
  Commutation and lawyers Hopping Along 7 6,008 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
  My lawyers advice, is it correct? HadEnuffAlready 4 4,917 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Last Post: gba2011
  My lawyers aid bronco54501 1 3,535 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  IN CA wants to change lawyers kjoy368 5 10,058 06-27-2010, 11:52 AM
  Your opinions about Workers' Compensation Lawyers Wink 34 29,222 03-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Post: jayne