Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bill was charged off
Another question. I was hurt in may of 07.I found out a dr bill was charged off on my credit because it was never paid by IC.IC paid for my hospital stay but not the dr bill because they say they never got it.Hospital said they wont clear it off my credit until its paid even though legally they cannot charge it off on my credit if its WC.called IC and they said since its more than 90 days old they will not pay it and the collection agency said they cant clear it until the hospital says its been paid! Can my lawyer settle this?This has hurt my credit

yes your lawyer and the comp court can issue a hold harmless provision that limits the issue to the carrier and the provider.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I accidentally found a bill from the Dr. in the ER on my credit report as being in collection. I knew nothing about this bill. As with so much with WC they had my Attorney's address as mine. I gave the collector my WC info and the bill was paid and taken off my credit report. If you can't do it yourself as 1171 said it can/will be done in court.

You need to send a letter of Dispute to the Hospital, Doctor's billing Office, to the Collection Agency, and then the Credit Board where this shows on you. It must state who is responsible for said Bill, you must list your Comp case number, the Insurance carrier, and the Adjuster, with Phone numbers and accounts, the employer and phone numbers, with persons of contact. Then you go into your State Work Comp board, and find the Law, Rule, or Statue number that shows you shouldn't have to pay such Bill, and list that number.

Then it has to be sent Certify Mail with receipt to all parties.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer.../cre27.pdf

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/stat...ained.html

Then you can search the Internet for sample letters to even help you better.

Once you completed this task, and everyone got the dispute letter, the Collection Agency should not be calling you, the Credit Board will show this still as a Owed Billed, but not against your Credit.

You wish action, this is the best way, this is the only legal way...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I was billed for the knee replacement, and again for the appointment when I was placed at MMI.

I called the doctor's office and reminded the surgery & treatment was done per a judge's order. I told them to look in my file and they would find the court order.

The bill on the replacement was paid a few weeks later, and the doctor's bill for the MMI appointment was paid a few days before the most recent court date.

Just as a Foot Note, if You have an Attorney, and find any of These Problems, Contact Your Attorney to Handle Them. Remember, They get Paid to Handle These things, and I know that My Attorney has made it Very Clear to Me that I can't Speak with anyone Pertaining to My Case without His Permission, and that's what My Contingency Agreement States also. Too Many People Talking and too Many chances for Mistakes!Wink

thanks for the advice.every little bit helps

1171 Wrote:yes your lawyer and the comp court and issue a hold harmless provision that limits the issue to the carrier and the provider.

Do you have to file something to reserve your right or make your request for the hold harmless or can that just be brought up in court?
Do you know? I would like to file for penalties against the WC Carrier because my husband's med bills haven't been paid since 2008 and I found out that they should have been paid or disputed and neither has been done and now the providers are saying they are going to report them to the credit reporting agencies. ThanksSmile
California

MrsMitch Wrote:
1171 Wrote:yes your lawyer and the comp court and issue a hold harmless provision that limits the issue to the carrier and the provider.

Do you have to file something to reserve your right or make your request for the hold harmless or can that just be brought up in court?
Do you know? I would like to file for penalties against the WC Carrier because my husband's med bills haven't been paid since 2008 and I found out that they should have been paid or disputed and neither has been done and now the providers are saying they are going to report them to the credit reporting agencies. ThanksSmile

it depends on your state rules but generally you have to file a request with the comp court to put something like a penalty request before the judge.
Make sure you notify the hospital administrator IN WRITING that the bills in question concern workers compensation injuries. They can get into trouble with the state insurance commissioner for pursuing collections against a worker and not the carrier.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure what to bill WC for Amos 2 2,490 11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  The Governor of CA: Do not pass Senate Bill 863 lizdawiz82 6 6,851 08-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Charged with Reckless Driving rc413 7 7,969 12-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
Sad Should I Have To Pay This Bill? lefty 6 5,104 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Employer is trying to bypass Workmans Comp and stick with me with the bill torito 2 4,748 06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Last Post: torito
  Now being charged with medical bills! bagpussinamerica 11 8,404 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Please Help - I got a bill ngfred 8 5,126 02-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tweety00
  very interesting site for WC our Bill of Rights backache 2 4,014 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Am I just going to end up with a big lawyer bill I can't pay? Groaning 8 5,241 09-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Old medical Bill. Was workmans comp. What can I do? klober23 2 9,264 09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy