Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this just doesnt happen in Oklahoma
WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST FRIDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT...

FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...

* IN OKLAHOMA... ADAIR... PUSHMATAHA... CHOCTAW... PITTSBURG... SEQUOYAH... LE FLORE... LATIMER AND HASKELL.

* IN ARKANSAS... WASHINGTON... MADISON... CRAWFORD... BENTON... SEBASTIAN... CARROLL AND FRANKLIN.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER... * RAIN WILL CONTINUE TO CHANGE TO SLEET AND SNOW ACROSS THE WARNING AREA TONIGHT. EITHER SLEET OR SNOW WAS OCCURRING IN EASTERN OKLAHOMA ALONG AND WEST OF A LINE FROM GROVE... TO TAHLEQUAH TO JUST WEST OF WILBURTON. THE PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO ALL SNOW TONIGHT. IN FAR SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE THIS EVENING AND BECOME ALL SNOW. THE SNOW WILL END IN ALL AREA FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST LATER TONIGHT.

* SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS... FOUR TO SEVEN INCHES OF SNOW AND SLEET ARE EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE FROM AROUND LAKE EUFALA INTO NORTHWEST ARKANSAS. AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED FROM THE ARKANSAS RIVER VALLEY IN WESTERN ARKANSAS INTO THE HUGO AREA.

* WIND GUSTS... WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WILL OCCUR TONIGHT ACROSS SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA INTO NORTHWEST ARKANSAS. THIS WILL RESULT IN NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN THE AREAS THAT RECEIVE THE HEAVIEST SNOW.

IMPACTS... * TRAVEL WILL BECOME VERY HAZARDOUS OVERNIGHT IN MOST OF THE WARNING AREA.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... * DELAY TRAVEL AND STAY HOME IF POSSIBLE UNTIL CONDITIONS IMPROVE.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

When ADMIN.burnt Your Wood Shed and Bought Gitmo., He found a Weather Changing Machine in one of the Storage Buildings!! And Guess where He Tried it Out First!!!Tongue Please be Careful, and Tell Family and Friends to watch for Black Ice, it's a Killer!!Wink

And Never say Never....Welcome to winter.....My cousin lives in Arkansas right on the River, close to Little Rock. She and Hubby just moved from Illinois a few months ago.....So they may have brought bad weather with them. ROFL. Stay safe and warm. No Church for me tonight, it is bad here.

I like your new siggy Tuffy...I dont like your snow and ice and hi winds...it is making my whole body hurt......how do you all stand the pain? no matter we knew it was coming so we are stocked up....church was coming over the 26th to put on a new roof for us....guess that wont happen now.....now to just sleep away the day it is gonna be nice as long as we dont lose power....if we do its back in the cabin for us it has propane heat or in the motor home.......

Jayne I got on weatherbug's radar a few minutes ago and checked out your area of Oklahoma and saw the weather you are getting.

I believe the weatherman said Oklahoma City is looking at a foot of snow.

it isnt snowing very much right now but later the winds are supposed to be bad...That worries me as the ground is saturated with all the rain this year and I am worried about our big trees......

http://www.emergencyemail.org/vuetoo/vue...c=National Forecast

http://www.emergencyemail.org/vuetoo/vue...c=National Severe Weather
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I have them BBBB you put this up I think last year its been really great when t-storms come thru...anyone who isnt signed up for this should...thanks Bubba

Thanks for the information Bad Boy.

In severe wether much of what one follows is audio, being hearing impaired I depend on visual information.

Jayne, I hope none of yours got caught up in that 40 car pile up on I-40. I know what you mean "It just doesn't happen in Oklahoma". We went from the 70's to the 30's for a high over night. The wind blew so hard that it ripped off some of the panels that covered the back deck. All I can say is that I will be staying inside for a few days.

Merry Christmas, and try and stay warm.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornados are at it again in Oklahoma this evening Bummer Knees 5 2,564 06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Jayne and the Oklahoma storms Bummer Knees 4 2,492 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  The Kansas-Oklahoma state line Bummer Knees 0 1,615 10-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  what will happen next........Settlement? = What? classk 10 6,069 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Never had this happen, cancelled interviews bodybuilder1958 4 3,617 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  they knew it would happen jayne 6 4,197 05-13-2011, 09:39 AM
  Anyone ever have this happen before? bagpussinamerica 20 6,783 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  wooo hooo OKLAHOMA jayne 14 8,458 09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  oklahoma jayne 17 6,569 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  visiting Oklahoma bronco54501 2 2,858 02-13-2009, 06:29 PM