Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st court hearing Feb 3rd 2010
(Wisconsin) Hello everyone. The other day i got a letter in the mail with my Hearing Date and Time. It says Issues to be heard "Primary Compensation" can someone explain to me what that means? I have tried to contact my Attorney but he is out of the office this week. I am at MMI with my lower back. I believe my rating was either 10% or 15% . I go to see a neurosurgeon @ UofM Jan25th regarding the thoracic injury which the IME stated it was merely a pulled muscle but a CScan and MRI showed otherwise. Now the mid back injury is not on the paper work that my attorney filled for us to get a court date. After I see the Doctor in January should I file another claim or wait until the lower back case is closed?? It is stated in the IME report about the mid back pain and the IME stated that if "if the examinee is unable to progress in the anticipated fashion, consideration should be given to more thorough evaluation of the thoracic spine in order to rule out a thoracic disc herination or compression fracture of the vertebra". I know that the end is not even close to being here but I am so unclear on how to go about things. Since the thoracic injury is in the IME report and progress of thoracic injury IS a herinated disc will this result in a cancellation of the hearing due tot he fact that i am not at MMi for the thoracic injury?? I hate being in the dark and wish i knew more about workers compensation. I have read much on WC but still there is alot of things i do not understand.. i do not have my films from my first MRI back in 05 but i do have my report letter of the MRI. That MRI was done the 2 wks after the IME appt.. Now i did speak with a WC Adjuster here in Michigan and I asked what sort of settlement should i ask for and i was told by her money wise $125,000.00 with open medical. But yet again i am assuming she is going by michigan and not wisconsin and that is just for the lower back. i am just wanting to make sure that i have all my ducks in a row before making any decisions and i know many on here have great knowledge. So any help would be great.. Thank You ALL!!!

One more thing i was wondering about. Now since i am soon going to be treated for the thoracic injury is it at all possible when we go to court to ask to have the PDD and medical reinstated until the thoracic injury is completely and properly taken care of and healed..???

May I ask what Michigan has to with Wisconsin? If your in Wisconsin, and where injured in Wisconsin? or am I missing something. The difference in these States can mean a big difference in what is said here...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

it happened in wisconsin when ilived there and i now reside in michigan. as for an update. My attorney did call me this afternoon from his vacation and answered some of the questions i had posted on here. He did explain that this first court hearing is for the lower back and that we would file a claim for the thoracic after the lower back case is done with..I meet with my attorney a cpl hours before the court hearing to discuss things. Is there any advice anyone can give as far as the court procedure goes as this is my first and not sure what to expect. yes im sure my attorney will go over somethings but i would really like some input from injured workers. I've read that many cases can have ALOT of court hearings why so many? is it mainnly because both sides cant come to an agreement?? sorry to ask so many questions. i will as well continue to do research threw the past posts to see if i can locate some answers as well. thank you all for the help.

Well, always be honest, answers should be brief, and to the point, nothing more. if you don't know, or have an answer simply say that. As if asked to make an opinion never do that, as your giving an answer to something your not sure of then.

Many hearings as to delays made while in hearings, attorney couldn't make it, discovery can be requested, and then medical reports, then wage income reports, tax reports to show your income, and on the list just goes.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BBBB - Thank You for your reply. This past Summer my attorney sent me papers to sign to release wage income reports, tax reports to show my income, and medical reports, and my SSDI record. my SSDI was approved in 2008 and the Judge dated it back to the date of my injury, will that hellp my case at all, notsaying my case needs much help but can it affect how the judge see's things??

karen most hearings are settled in the hallway before the hearing and you never have the hearing......as long as you tell the truth you will be fine
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Just remember this SSD or SSDI has not one single thing to do with your Work Comp Case. Two different set of rules and Laws never join hands ever.

Thanks for the replies. Yes always tell the truth. i have nothing to hide anyhow Smile Ok i just wasnt sure if SSD/SSDI could have bearing on a WC Case..

Karenrae, it's all good, as I too at one time that they could be used to show or prove a point. I had to learn it also. very strange yet so true. SSDI should be thought of WHOLE Body, as to where Work Comp can only be thought of as the INJURED Body Part. Then as you see there is the major differences.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hearing settlement court day Loser2015 6 4,096 10-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  had court hearing highdesertguy 4 4,965 04-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  My employer refuses to pay my 2010 vacation oliverhnz 2 6,295 12-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Last Post: oliverhnz
  court hearing..question highdesertguy 1 3,165 10-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Industrial Court Hearing Officers Netta 2 3,529 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Netta
  Industrial Court Hearing Coming Up/MMI? Netta 0 3,730 04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Netta