Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I/C responsibility
I am a welder/metal fabracator with my restrictions being no side to side neck movement, no overhead, no lifting over 10 lbs and no lifting 5 to 10 lbs repetitivley. But, BB from what I have read on these threads more than a few times your probobly right chances are they will find something.
just another day in the life. cervical fusion c5-c6-c7 in 2005 reinjured in 2007. michigander.

Why may I ask, are your restrictions set so low? When I had a 3 level cervical fusion the first time, before re-injured then a 6 level fusion, my restrictions at the 3 level with a damaged nerve going down right arm and hand, were very much way higher. If their that low, there must be alot more that I am missing in your injured body.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I believe BBBB it depends on your Dr....as those are the same restrictions I had at MMI....I believe it also depends on your strength before the accident...I could lift 50 lbs with effert but normally 25 with no effert...before I was injured.. you with your job could most likely lift far more before injury.....there fore a much stronger person than I both before and after injury
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I was kind of wondering, because I know I see it stated reinjured. So, I was thinking before (maybe) the reinjury, the restriction level might have been higher. I can understand, the turning of the head and neck, lifting overhead and such, being a issue also. I after reinjury was given a lower restriction level also. I'm not in doubt over their low restriction level. But, it would make sense there is more going on, and why the poster states possible unemployable.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Im not sure but I think that after meeting with the v/r person things may change because she thought I was unemployable and was more concerned with getting me medical than anything else. I have not been treated since July of 07 including pain meds. The restrictions came from IME July of 08 and my body continues to deteriorate I dont understand why but now its to a point where most mornings I cant lift a cup of coffee without feeling iit n my neck its crazy.
just another day in the life. cervical fusion c5-c6-c7 in 2005 reinjured in 2007. michigander.

Then I too agree with the Voc rehab people, that Medical treatment is a better option right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IMR Applications and Attorneys responsibility Shadow 18 5,716 12-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Maryland - Attorney Responsibility? FrustratedInMD 4 3,108 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM
  At what point does an injury no longer become WC responsibility vinga 3 4,586 02-20-2014, 07:18 PM
  Lawyer's Responsibility mytruck 2 2,573 09-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  wc responsibility ugleeones 28 9,485 05-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Last Post: capricorn