Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steps To Settlement
Ohio Here

Hello,

Reached MMI and have rec'd R and L foot ratings, my case has gone through all the IC hearings. I am done with all that, thank God. It has been a long hard year. I am on un-employment now, and looking for work, things are very bad out here for the un-employed.

What are the steps once your attorney requests a certain amount for settlement? How long can the company take when counter offerings? and does IC have to agree with settlement between the two parties and is there a deadline time frame? Thanks

If the Attorney's can't come to terms, then it is brought back to the hearing officer, and the Commision will make the call. Of course there can be appeals then that take place. There are so many IF's and Maybe's that can take place, it is so hard to explain each and everyone of them.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thank you bad boy, bad boy, appreciate your response.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need help for the next steps!! slipperydisc 28 13,337 06-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: slipperydisc
  Surgery Claim Denied. Next Steps? Clchew 1 4,614 07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Dishonest AME report - Steps? illumineart 7 5,985 07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Last Post: admin
  What are the steps to becomming MMI ifyour Dr. doesn't explain things to ya? Sunshine7 23 17,333 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Cycler