Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys get this painting?
I am trying something new with painting and need your help to see if what I am trying to portray is getting the message across. Dave got it right away. He wanted me to put a tear on the Native Americans cheek, but I'm afraid I'll goof.......Do you understand why the NA is in the clouds? It's not done yet, but I wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

[attachment=715]
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

Beautifull Backache, Time has sure changed, where have all the buffalo gone. As if we didn't know. How sad

Thanks Tuffy. It took some doing to make it look like he was almost transparent. I wanted the clouds behind the Native American to be able to be seen, but not to overpower him. I still have a great deal of work to do on the buffalo and background.

ba that is so so wonderful !!! skeeter said you need to age the old one a little but i think you are out doing yourself
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Skeeter is right and tell him thanks. It's just everytime I try to add age lines they obscure the background clouds because the paint becomes opaque as you add layers. I'm afraid I will lose the cloud forms that I painted him over if I keep adding layers. Actually he looks older on the actual painting than he does on here. But I appreciate both of your opinions. Thank you.

That's Absolutely Beautiful Backache, and I get the Message of Days gone By also!! I don't know how Much You Wanted to Add in the Background, and My Opinion Only, but are You Familiar of the Trail of Tears? Maybe You could put a Small Village Packed Up and Moving in the Background, that would Really Add to His Sorrow!! I know that's a Lot of Work, but just a Thought!! But what You have Done is Absolutely Brilliant!!Smile

backache Wrote:I am trying something new with painting and need your help to see if what I am trying to portray is getting the message across. Dave got it right away. He wanted me to put a tear on the Native Americans cheek, but I'm afraid I'll goof.......Do you understand why the NA is in the clouds? It's not done yet, but I wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

For what it's worth, backache...the tears are already there. I see them in his eyes. Very expressive. Don't allow yourself to copy what has been done a million times over. To me, adding tears to what is already evident would seem cartoonish.

Marcy it is beautiful.....I can feel his pain....your talent is a wonderful gift...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of your kind words. Still I like that idea I'll research the trail of tears. I have seen it , but don't know where. First I have to highlight those darn buffalo and fix them up a bit. Wink after Dave looked at the pic for awhile he said I probably didn't need to put the tear there since the Native American already looks sad. I agree it may look cartoonish and it would be very difficult to do. I'm afraid to mess with his eyes because I don't want to mess them up. This is the first time I ever painted a person. I have sketched them a couple of times, but painting is a bit different. Thanks Jayne if I didn't have my painting right now I would be going crazy.

Backache- this painting is beautiful. You can see the pain in his eyes.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Guys sweet tooth 0 2,508 09-30-2016, 05:04 AM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  hey guys sweet tooth 19 10,689 08-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Guys who think they are tough Bummer Knees 1 2,182 03-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Hey guys jayne 5 4,597 08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Seahorse pic for you guys monster 4 5,109 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM