Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is next?
Big Grin 
Hi guys,
Background info: I'm from IL. Dx: bilateral carpal and cubital tunnel in early 2008. CTR surgery on both hands and surgery on my elbows is recommended. My job would not approve my work restrictions and placed me on medical leave. While on leave, WC wanted an IME, after their doc disputed my dx, my benefits were cut off. I was fired in 2009 after my FMLA ran out. The job suggested I file for LTD and SSDI. LTD was approved. My lawyer finally got WC to agree to a independent IME. The new doc says my initial dx was correct and that I can work with the same restrictions. So, my lawyer said he would get WC to restart my benefits, ask for medical and vocational rehab. He also said he would try to get my job back. While all of this was going on, SSDI denied my claim. I chose not to appeal. My lawyer told me not to worry about it because WC would be starting soon. Well guess what? Now he says I need to look for a job and keep a log of all the jobs I contacted. He also says since I did not appeal SSDI, my benefits from LTD might be cut. What the hell? I am worn out and ready to get these people out of my life. How long does it take to talk settlement and medical? Did I make a mistake not appealing SSDI and should I reapply, my lawyer says no. Or better yet should I get a new attorney?

yes to the re apply for SSDI many are denied the first and even the 2nd time...be advised that when your WC starts back you may have to repay the LTD.....IL. is Bad boys state and he knows alot about it suggest you IM Bad boy bad boy
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I have applied and now am recieving LTD benifits. I am approved through Jan. They have suggested to me more than once that I should apply for SSD. Should I do this? If I do apply for SSD will this affect my W/C weekly check?
6/97--Discectomy L5-S1. 3/09--Discectomy L5-S1 (failed). 6/09--spinal fusion L5-S1. This year who knows?

it may a bit depending on if you were a hi wage earner or not......my husband was a truck driver for pepsi out of arkansas he made much more than the 350 dollar cap arkansas had on WC so when he got his SSDI it didnt change anything you cannot make more than 80 of your pre injury earnings according to the SSDI and 350 was no where near the 80% it will depend on your state...getting approved also starts the clock on your medicare as you will quilfy 2 years after you are approved
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:yes to the re apply for SSDI many are denied the first and even the 2nd time...be advised that when your WC starts back you may have to repay the LTD.....IL. is Bad boys state and he knows alot about it suggest you IM Bad boy bad boy

Thanks

jayne Wrote:it may a bit depending on if you were a hi wage earner or not......my husband was a truck driver for pepsi out of arkansas he made much more than the 350 dollar cap arkansas had on WC so when he got his SSDI it didnt change anything you cannot make more than 80 of your pre injury earnings according to the SSDI and 350 was no where near the 80% it will depend on your state...getting approved also starts the clock on your medicare as you will quilfy 2 years after you are approved

Yes, I was a high wage earner...... I will lookup the info about the cap because I do not know what it is. Thanks for the info.