Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CMS todays News
#11
I don't think it's so much of a cut and or increase. It's just that so many Doctor offices are just tired of trying to keep up with all the changes and updates, that it's easy for them to just throw the towel in on medicare/medicaid, and do without it. Now my doctor, takes an average of 28% medicare PT's, and the rest insurance. he said the offset from the insurance makes up the difference for him. He also said it's not always about money to him neither. But, he said, you never take on more then you can chew, buy leaving enough room to offset your office income. He said he uses a standard rule, no more the 30% medicare. This leaves him 70% insurance to offset it.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
 
Reply
#12
My Dr will not take on any new medicare pts...and will be quitting his practice in a few years....he says the paperwork is tremedous and he is not paid enough to mess with the paperwork much less then see the patient and try to find the problem with the least amount of tests possiable.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......







 
Reply
#13
I decided to enroll the Medicare Advantage Plan for 2010, at least I am guranteed for one year the medical care, because the plan doctors can't turn me away.
Although I will need referral/authorization for most of the tests/procedures, but I have no other choice.
Kat
 
Reply
#14
Kat that's what my husband does. His premiums went from $87 for the last couple of years to $135 for 2010. Also all of his co-pays doubled. I think all insurance co are getting ready for something and we are all suffering. It is much better to have one of the advantage plans. No one can afford medicair's 20% if hospitalized.
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todays visit hurt back 4 2,442 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Good news/bad news, hell who knows monster1963 20 10,991 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Todays the day jayne 19 8,272 06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Good news Bad news jayne 5 5,302 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  good news and bad news / Drs appointment bronco54501 6 5,534 04-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  In todays classified ads AQA 5 3,288 03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  todays the day hurt at work 11 4,764 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Good News Bad news...you decide red1030 17 8,629 06-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Bad news,Good news ??? Tuffy 17 8,189 03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Sad News Good News imsckofit 13 7,281 02-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Last Post: sparkey

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)