Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treatments for Back Pain
Best of luck Bummer. I am hoping that the pain has lessened today. Carol
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I have had pain down the back of my legs off and on since my knee injury. Just before my second knee surgery in Feb of this year I started having problems a with pinched nerve in my upper back.

After the right knee surgery my knee and leg was very weak, never did gain strength to the therapist satisfaction.

In Feb I had an MRI, enhanced MRI & CT scan, all showed no problems with the lower back.

In early April the weakness & pain in my right leg started with pains going down to my foot. It got to the point that I was only able to do short shopping trips.

I had a biopsy for cancer of my t12 vertebra with results of a benign tumor, followed my no treatment. In May and shortly my back pain increased to the point that I no longer went shopping without the use of a motorized shopping cart.

Early June I saw the doctor at the spine institute and was placed is six weeks of physical therapy, PT sys I have made no progress and need to look at other forms of treatments.

The doctor at the spine institute says that my back problem is related to my knee injury. Physical therapy has made the statement about permanent nerve damage, which I dispute.

My last physical therapy session is tomorrow and I should find out what they suggest to the doctor.

I hope all goes well for you!
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x148/dipweed23/Bananav2.gif[/IMG]

one thing I found that works for me is a messaging (?) seat cushion that I got for the truck. You can get them so they work in the vehicle or the house. I lay on it on the couch. It has a heat and vibrate feature.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

How do you get the cushion to work in the auto?

I like the idea of heat.

I also have a pad, It has a plug for the cigarette outlet in the car and different areas for massage, I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Brand name HoMedics. It is great.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why you should not get fusion surgery for plain back pain California_Help 5 4,819 10-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Exercise and back pain California_Help 10 5,454 01-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back from Pain Management UndercovrAngel 6 3,520 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  back arm pain keeping me up backache 13 4,099 03-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Last Post: backache
  Vickinat & low back pain Bummer Knees 14 5,936 12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  RSD ALERT..Medications, creams and patches all treatments. Spring 14 8,059 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Spring