Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neck help
Hi all has any one else han a cervical fusion then had problems in the area with bone spurs, scare tisue and arthritis. If so please let me know what was done to help the problem. And also my shoulders are so bad now and was told that It is a direct result of my the problems with my neck any one else experience this I would like to hear. thanks
just another day in the life. cervical fusion c5-c6-c7 in 2005 reinjured in 2007. michigander.

Yes I have all the above that you mentioned. along with 2 separate cervical fusion surgeries. One in 2003 and the second one in 2009
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I had c5-c7 they used cages and some kind of substance to promote bone growth and it was great for about 2 years it was not for lack of fusion but the build up of bone spurs, arthritis and scare tisue I have to wonder if that bone growth substance they used may have contributed to over growth causeing the bone spurs and such. and as far as the my shoulders go and it is both of them any more I can rarely move them with out poping or raiseing them even out in front of me and makes me weak through my whole arms my v/r lady says its a result of my neck and will be included in as part of the medical the i/ic will be responsable for. I dont understand the correlation between the two but im no doc. I just hope she was right and they can get medical opened back back up so at least I can get some relief.

can I ask a personal question...are you a natural redhead? the scar tissue buildup in my neck fusion was the reason the docs wouldnt do the lower back surgery.....they told me red heads scar more than others.......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

If I were you, I would go see the surgeon, and ask, what can you do, to help me better other then medication for life. A good surgeon, can now go in with a scope, and clean up the bone spurs, scrap up the arthritis, and also clip some scare tissue away from such area. Doing this will help you very much.

Yes, I too, have had cervical Fusions. First time was a 3 level, and the next time was a 6 level. Even before I had any of these surgeries, I was told all things are possible after surgery. Kind of like you spoke of here happening to you. But, I was told they could go in after the healing stage, like a year or two later and clean it up.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:If I were you, I would go see the surgeon, and ask, what can you do, to help me better other then medication for life. A good surgeon, can now go in with a scope, and clean up the bone spurs, scrap up the arthritis, and also clip some scare tissue away from such area. Doing this will help you very much.

Yes, I too, have had cervical Fusions. First time was a 3 level, and the next time was a 6 level. Even before I had any of these surgeries, I was told all things are possible after surgery. Kind of like you spoke of here happening to you. But, I was told they could go in after the healing stage, like a year or two later and clean it up.

I did see the surgeon 3 times and he said there wasnt anything he could do so he sent me to pain management for nerve blocks that may have helped but my medical ins was cancled 2 weeks before my first series of shots. Those rotten bast---s.

At 
jayne Wrote:can I ask a personal question...are you a natural redhead? the scar tissue buildup in my neck fusion was the reason the docs wouldnt do the lower back surgery.....they told me red heads scar more than others.......

No im not Jayne, but I do have a couple greys.

only a couple? before your done with WC you will have a whole head full
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

[/u]
jayne Wrote:only a couple? before your done with WC you will have a whole head full

wow, so what your saying is after all this I may even look my age.

was this a wc injury? why were you paying for your med care with your ins?