Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security
Have a question. My son was approved for SSI and I was wondering if anyone knew how they determine the amount?
His dad makes 520 gross a week and I get impairment income benefits of only 142.00 a week (but that wont be forever)

Thanks

The amount is based on what other money (monies) he gets on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or yearly. Meaning if he gets a TTD check, the SSDI amount should be reduced some, to alot, depending on what he gets from other sources.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

He doesn't get anything. He is 2 1/2 years old.

Okay, then it is adjusted to the dependent rate. I know there are issues they consider also. I remember my daughter was 17 when I went on SSDI, and they sent her checks in amounts of $376.00 a month till she turned 18. Now, I was only taking $272.00 per month (my choice to take a lower rate as I was still getting TTD checks. I could of gotten more, but didn't want too. This way, when the IC dumped me in 2004 of Feb, I got one heck of a big check from SSDI, reimbursement from day I applied. That was why my daughter checks were higher also, as I was paying tuition for her to go to a college prep high school.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Do you know how long it takes to get your money after you have given everything to them? (all the paper work they ask for?) He was approved October 2nd 2009 and they have his disability since date as Jan 1 2009.
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

watch your bank account it will show up there if you have direct deposit...he should have already gotten it I would call your SS office and talk to your worker
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

This explains benefits for children with disabilities.

http://www.ssa.gov/kids/parent6.htm

Yeah I have been checking. Oh I just called and the lady said to get paid it usually takes 5-7 days so if I don't have check by monday to call...
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

I use to do intake for SSI children's program.

If I can help with any questions please let me know.

Thanks Bummer
I keep calling about my sond social security. Ok it was approved since October 2nd 2009 If I didn't call to check on his claim no one would have (at least no one had) Any ways I go to SS office and they give me this paper with all the information I need and to have a lease agreement signed by landlord. Ok I do all this, bring back all the paper work to the SS office. Then I call a few days later, a woman tells me it should be in bank by monday. So I check nothing there, so I call the SS office and talk to his claim person. He says they are missing the lease agreement (which I turned in).
The thing that gets me is my case worker is a butt head. I say that because the day I went there, pulled a number blah blah blah, waited. The lady who let the case worker know (I guess they have a system to let them know who is waiting) then you wait and they call you. So I am waiting I am waiting it's closing time and I am still waiting. So I go to the lady that originally helped me told her and she says hes gone for the day. And everytime I call him and leave a message he never calls back also once when I called him he said, oh I am not the case worker anymore. When I called a different person, she said he was still my case worker. I am getting tired of all the run around.
I don't know what else to do any suggestions?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 3 1,136 10-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Last Post: AnnBlair
  Social Security disability on verge of insolvency Wink 5 4,335 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security at risk! Bummer Knees 24 9,388 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Administration Revals Happening More Bummer Knees 14 15,215 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 11,433 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 3,626 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Disability Bad Boy Bad Boy 18 14,200 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Social Security, something odd Bummer Knees 20 7,955 10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Social Security...Question Spring 19 11,142 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Last Post: red1030