Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calcaneal stress fracture in Alabama
In SC you have 90 days to report an on the job injury, And 2 years from date of injury to file a WC claim. So if you were injured in 07, you may want to rush and file a claim ASAP...........Did you report your foot hurting to anyone at your place of employment?

Tuffy Wrote:In SC you have 90 days to report an on the job injury, And 2 years from date of injury to file a WC claim. So if you were injured in 07, you may want to rush and file a claim ASAP...........Did you report your foot hurting to anyone at your place of employment?

Co-workers but didn't see any need to do anything else at the time...thought I had plantar fascitis and this is a chronic thing to deal with but a stress fracture is something else...especially calcaneal area..thanks

Okay, last question, why would you want it to be a workmens' compensation case? This is very important to know your answer. At the age of 64, I can't see any gain in trying to make a case of injury, when only 1 treatment in 2007, and another in 2009. That's 2 treatments you only have to show possible proof. But, it's still okay, for the second question is, are you willing to take on the hassles and hurdles you going to have to get through, to even try and make this a work comp claim? Need those answers first.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Okay, last question, why would you want it to be a workmens' compensation case? This is very important to know your answer. At the age of 64, I can't see any gain in trying to make a case of injury, when only 1 treatment in 2007, and another in 2009. That's 2 treatments you only have to show possible proof. But, it's still okay, for the second question is, are you willing to take on the hassles and hurdles you going to have to get through, to even try and make this a work comp claim? Need those answers first.

This is a question I ask myself. But, at 64, I have been very active, working full time and doing anything I want. It has been my intention to work till I am 70. Right now, I can't work at all...yes, nothing wrong with me physically but my foot.
I am not sure I want the hastle of going through this...good question.

Another thing, I think the plantar fascitis is what started this..I have always been a person to just keep on working, not letting much stop me. I was on the road and didn't stop to take care of me. I did seek help for the problem but still kept on going.
Now, this fracture I think occured while I was working in NM...down in Roswell from early January till late August..that is when I started hurting really bad. Sometimes my hip would hurt really bad and across my foott....I just thought I would see a doc at home when I was finished there. Which is what I did. He treated me also for plantar fascitis and when no better after his tx he decided to scan it.
So, I am a very lucky person at my age to be as active as I have been and I want to continue being active. I am also alone, not anyone else to support me.
I appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks

It doesn't matter where you start. The only thing that matters is for a DR. to say it's a work related condition. Absent that there is no claim.

Cycler Wrote:It doesn't matter where you start. The only thing that matters is for a DR. to say it's a work related condition. Absent that there is no claim.

"Absent that there is no claim."
Yes, that is what I wondered about too... there is not a quilifying "event" or "accident" .. So, my original question is is this a WC event or not. Does it all boil down to the MD opinion?..

yes, that' is all that matters. You cannot begin the comp process until a DR. attributes a medical condition to work activity.

Thanks, that is what I thought...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stress and Health Claim?? Caligirl1276 4 5,989 04-19-2021, 11:04 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Knee Reconstruction after Tibial Plateau Fracture (Shattered) Justus420 5 1,811 08-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Justus420
  Ankle fracture oregon Omar99 11 6,870 07-19-2017, 10:37 PM
  Califoria stress claims CaseyandMarie 28 22,272 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: BB019
  Settlement Input Alabama sharrell 3 3,763 11-19-2015, 12:14 AM
  Should I file A Stress Claim? workmanscompquestions 9 11,017 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Alabama WC first settlement offer: suggestions please atvrep1 1 5,445 06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
  Alabama Alabama Alabama mobo96 0 2,244 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Last Post: mobo96
  Back Injury in Alabama mwillliams1979 10 12,199 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM
  when does the negotiating start? (Alabama beckyandac 5 7,026 12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl