Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death by fixodent?
as some of you know my sister is a burned out junkie that lives in a local nursing home.....Bill and I had went to have a little down time as it is our 39th wedding anniversary...on the way home I get a call from my daughter...Mom call the nursing home they are gonna take mona to the ER.....the thoughts that ran thru my head were awful as she had been diagnoised with lung cancer last week in both lungs and had moved into her back.......I called the home dreading the news and what they told me was funny as hell even if it was bad....so here you go Backache for your next book.......seems Mona went yesterday to her sons house and on top of her meds smoked a bit of weed and had a beer or two....so she was a bit how do you say spacey.....she had been doing some weird things so the staff was keeping an eye on her....Mona is also allowed a very tiny yorkie dog it helps to keep her calm..Staff went into her room and caught her forcing fixodent down her dogs throat(Mona thought it was food) she had also filled her own mouth with it 2 full tubes were emptied...her coffee cup had some her smokes had some.......we got her to the ER and the ER staff thought it was funny as hell I was finally able to pry her bottom teeth out along with a bit of skin....the doc came in and helped me pull this goo outa her cheeks we took warm washcloths to try and get this crap off her tongue we were there 5 hours before I left the nursing home aide with her.....I came home and Becca and some staff had gotten most of the fixodent out of the dogs mouth and throat and I finished what had softend since they quit......while it could have been tragic for both Mona and the dog we were very lucky that staff was keeping an eye on her.......on the way home from the hospital Bill says well Jayne you gonna tell Backache about this and I said yup cuz you just cant make this crap up....I swear to God as my witness 40 years ago I would have liked to glue her darn mouth shut myself......and she goes and does it when I cant enjoy it..........and I get to give the darn ugly dog a bath tomorrow if the ugly thing lasts the night....the saving grace is it is old and only has 3 teeth or it would have bit me while cleaning its throat and I would have had to knock it in the head.....geez what I wouldnt give for a normal sibling......thank God for sweettooth or I would be lost.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It Never Ends for You Dear!! My Dear Lord You need a Break without an Emergency Already!! My Thoughts are with You!!Wink

WoW, that is amazing, something you don't here of on a daily basis, is it.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

ROTFLMAO...I'm sorry sweetie but you know me, I just can't help it! I'm not sure if I'd rather be in your shoes or my own...seems the crap just never stops for either of us.

I hope all is well now and that you can relax a little. You should just try and do more as the crazy things seem to happen when you have a little time to yourself (not that you ever do though)

Love ya sweetie,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Well as long as you didn't fix-it and leave-it. That is one story for the ER books for sure.

Years ago I worked at a county hospital in TX, pulled some ER hrs as well. Administration changed and we were no longer allowed to give alcoholic patients beer twice a day to keep them from going into the DT's. One day we literally had a patient disappear, a Cancer patient, alcoholic, but he was gone. One trace, clothes, ID's all there in his room. Only thing different was the chair in his room was moved to the middle of the floor.

Five days after he disappeared maintenance went to change the vent filter in the ceiling in what had been his room. There he was in the vent duct, dead, with 14 bottles of listerine next to him, empty. He didn't stink, the listerine kind of pickled him. I was unaware that listerine had a bit of alcohol in it. The day after his body was found we were allowed to give alcoholics beer once again.

Life is never boring.
BB

jayne dear you need to load the pace and head to south ga for the winter-what a time we could have
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Bless your heart Jayne! Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

it is hard being the only sane one here and only zoloft keeps me that way

jayne Wrote:as some of you know my sister is a burned out junkie that lives in a local nursing home.....Bill and I had went to have a little down time as it is our 39th wedding anniversary...on the way home I get a call from my daughter...Mom call the nursing home they are gonna take mona to the ER.....the thoughts that ran thru my head were awful as she had been diagnoised with lung cancer last week in both lungs and had moved into her back.......I called the home dreading the news and what they told me was funny as hell even if it was bad....so here you go Backache for your next book.......seems Mona went yesterday to her sons house and on top of her meds smoked a bit of weed and had a beer or two....so she was a bit how do you say spacey.....she had been doing some weird things so the staff was keeping an eye on her....Mona is also allowed a very tiny yorkie dog it helps to keep her calm..Staff went into her room and caught her forcing fixodent down her dogs throat(Mona thought it was food) she had also filled her own mouth with it 2 full tubes were emptied...her coffee cup had some her smokes had some.......we got her to the ER and the ER staff thought it was funny as hell I was finally able to pry her bottom teeth out along with a bit of skin....the doc came in and helped me pull this goo outa her cheeks we took warm washcloths to try and get this crap off her tongue we were there 5 hours before I left the nursing home aide with her.....I came home and Becca and some staff had gotten most of the fixodent out of the dogs mouth and throat and I finished what had softend since they quit......while it could have been tragic for both Mona and the dog we were very lucky that staff was keeping an eye on her.......on the way home from the hospital Bill says well Jayne you gonna tell Backache about this and I said yup cuz you just cant make this crap up....I swear to God as my witness 40 years ago I would have liked to glue her darn mouth shut myself......and she goes and does it when I cant enjoy it..........and I get to give the darn ugly dog a bath tomorrow if the ugly thing lasts the night....the saving grace is it is old and only has 3 teeth or it would have bit me while cleaning its throat and I would have had to knock it in the head.....geez what I wouldnt give for a normal sibling......thank God for sweettooth or I would be lost.....

Well, I wonder if she got any of that crap down...I would think it would act like a boulder in her bowels...

so far her dog is still alive altho I cant get it to eat anything,Mona is still in the hospital.....the stuff tends to disolve in warm liquid so I quess it will go thru sooner or later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pastor On His Death Bed Cervical_Fusion 2 2,671 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  bored to death chrischris 11 8,494 07-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Trial on friend's death underway Bummer Knees 9 8,141 05-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  Trial on friend's death to start next month Bummer Knees 2 4,158 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Prayer request Death in Family Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 19,290 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
  I'm scared to death monster 18 9,952 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Last Post: jayne
  death of a salesman hurt at work 2 2,798 01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  til death do us part hurt at work 5 4,275 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  Done wit Death and Deing, Lets move on Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 14,548 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Last Post: punk