Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Impairment Rating and MMI Questions
You may want to go to your treating dr. and request copies. I did that before any second oppions and every six months for two years. I found that to be very valuable.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Sounds good, Bad Boy. I will check into this as soon as possible. Thanks for the information.

Thanks, AQA, I may well try that also, as all of my tests were in different locations, but I would think the initial doctor / clinic should have at least the written copies if not the films.

AQA and others have great ideas as to how to obtain these items also. As you can see I'm only one person, with one opinion.

I can seem at time to stand up to my screen name too at times. That's not a bad thing really, but an issue to prepare a person to the what IF's that may or might come forward. I do things things at times to help prepare people for a downfall in the work comp injury case their in. It's not always going to be a smooth ride, as there will be hurdles to jump, how high or how low, not a sole will know till it is time it happens. So if you see or read someting I write from time to time thinking I'm off base, or sounding harsh, you will know, I'm setting a stage front to help prepare the person.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I appreciate the information, insight and thoughts. Smile Will always be looking to hear from you, Bad Boy.

Here is a hint when trying to get copies;

You might wish to shop around by Telephone. Lets say Doctor Office (A) will give you reports, but at a small charge, where MRI place might give you all the films and reports for free, or Dotor Office (B) will supply you the reports, but can't copy the films, yet the cost is free. Depends on what you need and wish. Films are good to keep as each doctor a good one, will use the films first before the reports. Just some added thoughts here on obtaining reports and films.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thanks for the additional advice, Bad Boy. I know one set of films was returned to the place I had one MRI, the other set was given to me to return, but I kept them, and they have never contacted me. A different place than the first. I will try as you suggest. Thanks again.

http://www.understandspinesurgery.com/index.asp

I got hurt in TX and received a 0% IR. I tried to get an IR with my dr and at first IC approved it and a few days before i went they called the dr office and said i didnt need one because they already gave me an IR of 0%.Months later after saving up the 600 it was going to take to pay for the IR i called to get the ball rolling on a benefits review and a lady from work comp asked me why i was paying for my IR and i said bc IC denied it.long story short,within 5 min she called me back after talking to my case worker and said its taken care of.she said in tx if you are disputing an initial IR then your IC HAS to pay for it.like i said i was told no and for 7 months i thought i had to pay for it and with one accidental conversation mine was paid for.I would call the tx div of workers comp.wouldn't hurt

Many times in Texas, if let the hospital, or place you had it done, they will give you the info on time for free if you tell them you are on WC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas impairment rating too low?! Buffalo2005 1 1,761 08-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Qme impairment rating Lostandconfused 0 1,172 01-17-2019, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Question Will I get an impairment rating on multiple levels of my spine at MMI examination? Kappa6m3 3 4,990 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Texas_IME
  Impairment rating for missing middle finger tip ky tonyayounger72 2 3,406 03-16-2018, 12:48 PM
  PPD Rating Questions JHagen 4 2,859 02-21-2018, 03:06 PM
  Texas workers comp questions Kappa6m3 3 2,925 08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
  co claim...awaiting second impairment rating mandob 29 15,083 07-14-2017, 09:09 PM
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 4,835 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Question MMI rating in Texas when my case isn't over. Turbosmart4 8 6,642 12-11-2015, 11:12 PM
  MMI @ 5% whole Body Impairment rating johntdaballa 3 9,122 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM