Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dr says he has to send me back to work with no restrictions??
You may want to get a second oppinion. After my fusion, it was six months before I started pt. and another 3 months before I went to work on lite duty. My lite duty was me sitting behind a desk.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I talked to a former co-worker about this a little while ago. Her brother had fusion surgery 4 yrs ago. Work comp as well, he was told to go back to work, no restrictions 4 months after surgery. About a week after he went back to work he got hurt after he was ordered to pick up a crate. He was afraid for his job so he did.

Let's just say that the lawsuit against his doctor, former employer, the family isn't hurting anymore.

My dad has never been one to mince words, when I was a kid my sister badly broke her arm. The doctor wanted to wait 3 days to set it, he was going on a golfing trip.
It was like, we'll splint it, bring her to the hospital in 3 days and we'll fix her arm. My dad didn't want a 4 yr old kid crying over her broken arm for 3 days. Plus he knew it might not mend as well. All my dad said to the doctor was this...."Do you have enough malpractice insurance to cover what I'm going to sue you for the delay?" My sister left the hospital about 6 hours later with her fixed arm in a cast.

Somebody needs to take a look at your case, another doctor, a case manager, somebody. You cannot be 100%, have you been released from PT?

I'm not too sure your employer wants you back too soon, they'd be liable.

The idea is so you can go take a job that YOU know is within your ability WITHOUT the need to explain your permanent restrictions which, as you know, will prevent you from being hired. There is always some degree of permanent pain expected after fusion surgery as the surgery itself is not designed to alleviate back pain. Those without are the lucky ones.

From a study of work outcomes after spinal fusion surgery:

" Only workers compensation coverage and involvement with litigation were associated with a less successful work outcome at 2 years. Despite a negative association, 68% of patients with workers compensation coverage did return to work and 48% had an ultimately successful return to work at 2 years."

inpainokla Wrote:hi again just wanted to see if anyone has ever had there dr tell them that you may be in pain for the rest of your life but when he releases me back to work he is going to do it with no job restrictions..and just to remind you i have had a 2 level fusion 6 months out and still in alot of pain does that mean he expects no permanant disability from this..i have talked to very few ppl who have had this surgery and afterwards were pain free..anny thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot send private messages California_Help 1 195 03-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 4,703 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 1,534 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,169 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 2,590 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Not following work restrictions First-of-his-name 6 3,044 09-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  NY - Who Do I Send Stuff To?? tbear6410 7 2,428 06-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 19,968 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
  Work Restrictions LAworker 1 2,976 04-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,119 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM